Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gopher Tickets Available

I'm a gopher season ticket holder.

Section 213 behind the basket, chair back seats. Great view of the court.

$30 a ticket plus a little to mail.

Re: Gopher Tickets Available

Originally posted by nemosgold View Post
    I'm a gopher season ticket holder.

Section 213 behind the basket, chair back seats. Great view of the court.

$30 a ticket plus a little to mail.
    NeMo - Please PM me to verify this. This is a fan site, not a tix sale site.

SDSU fans, please let the mods sort this out before moving forward. THANKS!

Comment

Mods,

How about a ticket section on this forum? Could post tickets for sale, where everyone is sitting for road games, how to get ahold of tickets, etc.

Comment

Just trying to help someone get into the game with good seats, delete the post if you'd like.

Comment

The current editorial stance of the board (or, it's owner anyway) is that we neither endorse nor prohibit the activity of individual fans who are members of the board who may wish to exchange tickets to SDSU athletic events. Caveat emptor.

Moderators will talk about if that's the right balance, or if we should come down on one side or the other.

So, without endorsing anything . . . "what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own Internet, blah, blah, blah."
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

My view on this.... (NOT THAT IT MATTERS) Is it is fine for people that are active members to trade tickets and so on... But when a person becomes a member of this site for the sole purpose of selling tickets then I start to see a problem with it..... Just my view though....

Comment

As long as the sale is legit, I don't care if it is their first or 10000th post, I don't see the problem with it. I see it from the view point of just trying to make tickets available to fans to attend games...what is wrong with that? Now on the other hand, I hate spammers as much as the next guy, so it should be monitored. I like Filbert's policy above.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                My view on this.... (NOT THAT IT MATTERS) Is it is fine for people that are active members to trade tickets and so on... But when a person becomes a member of this site for the sole purpose of selling tickets then I start to see a problem with it..... Just my view though....
                That's dumb. He's trying to get someone from SDSU some good tickets. Why do you care?

Comment

I tried our home site Gopher Hole 1st. There's not a lot of interest. WIlliams Arena is basically sold out. I just thought someone from SDSU might want to have good seats to watch the game. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Comment

Speaking of spammers How did those companies get on here last week selling cheap made shoes and clothes .

filbert needs a better filter

Comment

Spammers hire people for 10 cents an hour to sit in front on computers trying to get on message boards, chat rooms etc. Computers cannot figure out the scrambled letters/numbers necessary to sign on most sites.

The filters ultimately are message board members who first see the spammers and alert the moderators. The moderators sign on and off several times a day to see what's new on the board but they're not on the board all the time.

The moderators will delete a thread started by a spammer or, delete a particular post by a spammer on a legitimate thread, ban the spammer and, in most cases, block the spammer's IP address. As you probably know, there are several sites available to check the "location" of an IP address. Much of the time, the bad ones are from the far east.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        Spammers hire people for 10 cents an hour to sit in front on computers trying to get on message boards, chat rooms etc. Computers cannot figure out the scrambled letters/numbers necessary to sign on most sites.

The filters ultimately are message board members who first see the spammers and alert the moderators. The moderators sign on and off several times a day to see what's new on the board but they're not on the board all the time.

The moderators will delete a thread started by a spammer or, delete a particular post by a spammer on a legitimate thread, ban the spammer and, in most cases, block the spammer's IP address. As you probably know, there are several sites available to check the "location" of an IP address. Much of the time, the bad ones are from the far east.
                        All the mods ask is give us 24 hrs (or less) and the spammer will be banned. We have rarely had it go even 6 hours without catching them.

Regarding Nemos - His IP address is out of Minnesota, and so is his email address. I requested, but did not receive, verifying information that he was indeed anything other than a 16-yr Gopher Season Tix holder.

If you do purchase, as Filbert states above, what you choose is YOUR choice. Suggest that you have the tix at the same time he gets the $$. Details, are purchasers option.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                          Speaking of spammers How did those companies get on here last week selling cheap made shoes and clothes .

filbert needs a better filter
                          Sadly, the only real alternative is moderator approval for new board members, which sucks so hard both for mods and new members that the occasional spammer is actually the preferable alternative.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Guys, you're all being a bit paranoid and putting responsiblity on the mods that shouldn't be theirs. If you check most D-1 forum boards you'll find that they have a ticket exchange section. As with anything you buy on the internet(except at a chain store site) you are taking a risk. It's up to you to decide if the risk is worth the gain. Personally, I think it would be wonderful if Jack's tickets became such a hot item that we would be happy to be able to find them on SDSUFans.com. We have a ways to go.

Comment

Nemosgold is likely to be legit (based on added PM from Nemo)

Would be good to have some more SDSU fans cheer on the Jacks.

Comment

Working...
                              X