Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU gets Forward from Chicago

From the Argus Print version:

"Chicaco native Mario Brandon, a 6 foot 6 forward from Wabash Valley Community College, has indicated that he will play for South Dakota State this fall. Brandon averaged nine points and six rebounds in 22 games with Wabash Valley."

Re: SDSU gets Forward from Chicago

Nice catch.  Good to finally have a name for the mystery man.  

http://www.chicagohoops.com/articles1/brandonsigns.html

Former Chicago Curie Star Mario Brandon Of Wabash Valley Community College Signs With Division I South Dakota State University

Brian Stinnette
    June 12, 2006

Former Chicago Curie High School star Mario Brandon of Wabash Valley Community College has signed to play Division I college basketball for South Dakota State Univerity. Brandon joins a SDSU recruiting class that already includes Seneca High School star Garrett Callahan.

Brandon, a 6-6 power forward, is known for his relentless style inside. This past season Brandon was one of the top performers on a stellar Wabash Valley team that has now placed five members with Division I programs.  .  .  (read more)

Welcome to SDSU, glad you are going to be a Jackrabbit!

Go State!  

Comment

I like this quote "Head coach Scott Nagy, a Champaign, Illinois native, and assistant coach Deryl Cunningham, a former St. Joseph High School star continue to make recruiting the state of Illinois a priority. " i think we moved from iowa to recruiting more in illinois over the last 11 years of nagy's coaching here.

Comment

Another story on Mario:

http://www.tristate-media.com/articl...ts/sports1.txt

Several Warriors basketball players move to the ranks of the four-year school

Posted: Tuesday, Jun 27, 2006 - 02:35:04 pm EDT
        By Bill Hackler - Special Correspondent

Several who played basketball for the Wabash Valley College Warriors this past season are moving on to four-year schools.

Four sophomores and two freshmen are going on. Five are moving up to NCAA Division I programs, one to an NAIA school and one just to further his education.  .  .  .

Mario Brandon narrowed his choices down and chose to go west to South Dakota State in Brookings. Brandon averaged 8.0 ppg and 6.0 rpg for the Warriors.  .  .   .

“Marion had a great year for us, on and off the court,” said Madison. “He waited until late to sign, but found an opportunity that suits him well. There is no doubt he will make an impact at South Dakota State. He is a versatile player who can play three or four positions.”  .  .  .  (read more)

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
          I like this quote "Head coach Scott Nagy, a Champaign, Illinois native, and assistant coach Deryl Cunningham, a former St. Joseph High School star continue to make recruiting the state of Illinois a priority. " i think we moved from iowa to recruiting more in illinois over the last 11 years of nagy's coaching here.
          Makes more sense since 1) Nagy and Cunningham are from Illinois and 2) more kids to recuit in Illinois than Iowa.

Welcome to SDSU, Mario!!! Best wishes to you this fall.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Prepare the "Super Mario" posters and T-shirts, right?
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Here is a look at the newest addition to the Jacks Men's team!

http://www.iecconline.net/wvcbasketb...erprofiles.pdf  

Comment

Has anyone seen anything officially released from the Jacks on Mario Brandon?

Comment

Did some looking but couldn't find anything yet. This would be fantastic news for Coach Nagy and Coach Larson!

Things are going to turn around!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                    Has anyone seen anything officially released from the Jacks on Mario Brandon?
                    I might be wrong, but I don't think we will hear anything official until he enrolls in fall classes.

Comment

Working...
                    X