VCU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: VCU Game Thread

Glad to hear that. We are lucky to have your son playing for SDSU. Any game can be the game he breaks out his can of whoop asssk.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      I don't think it's any secret that parents talk to coaches--all the time.

Not sure why people would be surprised to hear that Nagy talks to his players' parents--especially those who show such loyalty to their son by coming to so many of their games--like Kai's folks do.

I've talked to Kai's parents, and his dad (especially) has some definite ideas about how his son should best used--and from my brief talks with him makes some sense--to me, anyway. But I also think Nagy's trying to install a system, and I don't know how Kai's dad's suggestions fit with what Nagy's trying to do.

So, I'll just lean back, relax, and root for the guys to play hard for 40 minutes every night, and see what happens.
      If my dad or mom would have tried to talk to Coach Daly or Coach Stig when I was playing, I would told them to mind their own business. I don't know of one player's parents who talked to the coaches other than to say hello after the games. That doesn't mean there weren't players who felt they were getting an unfair shake, but their parents didn't fight their battles for them.

When I was benched as a freshman for my horrible play up at UND, I went into coach Stig's office and talked to him about it. We worked it out, I promised to work harder, proceeded to work harder as promised, and was back in the starting lineup in 2 games.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post
        My son is not unhappy and neither are we..
        Then he should talk to the coach about it and not have his mom air out his laundry on the fan web site.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
          Then he should talk to the coach about it and not have his mom air out his laundry on the fan web site.

I believe she said they are NOT unhappy. Airing laundry? Maybe I'm missing your point.
          An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
          US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Walrus View Post
            I believe she said they are NOT unhappy. Airing laundry? Maybe I'm missing your point.
            My fault, I misread that. I apologize. I seem to be in a bad mood this morning. My apologies Mrs. Williams.

Comment

Nothing like making an ass of yourself first thing on a Friday...

Comment

Shucks who hasnt done the same at one time or another. I sure have. If I need a lawyer in Milwaukee, I know who to call.

Comment

No problems and believe me I would not air any kind of laundry on here I go straight to the source if I have any problems and so would any of my family. Thats the way we do things.

Comment

We all know what happened with your Cheerios this morning(that's not milk). j/k
                    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Although the video feed was spotty,i don't recall any plays ran for Garrett or Clint. What i saw was two players creating,getting shots off,and making things happen,in the confines of the offense.

Garrett appeared to be over matched a bit, but he's such a savvy,gritty player, he just gets it done. A.C. also had a size disadvantage, but still battled and had a nice rebounding total.

As far as defensive attention, after hitting some 3s in the first half,it appeared Clint was getting just that,even some double teams.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                        Although the video feed was spotty,i don't recall any plays ran for Garrett or Clint. What i saw was two players creating,getting shots off,and making things happen,in the confines of the offense.

Garrett appeared to be over matched a bit, but he's such a savvy,gritty player, he just gets it done. A.C. also had a size disadvantage, but still battled and had a nice rebounding total.

As far as defensive attention, after hitting some 3s in the first half,it appeared Clint was getting just that,even some double teams.
                        I think what you are trying to say without coming right out and saying it is that you would like Kai to be more assertive on offense; driving more, creating his own shot, forcing the issue just a little bit. If that's not what you are trying to say it is what I would like to see. Is that a passive enough way to say it?

Kai needs to step up his game. He knows it, coaches, teammates, parents, you and I, we all know it. I think Kai will do it.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I think what you are trying to say without coming right out and saying it is that you would like Kai to be more assertive on offense; driving more, creating his own shot, forcing the issue just a little bit. If that's not what you are trying to say it is what I would like to see. Is that a passive enough way to say it?

Kai needs to step up his game. He knows it, coaches, teammates, parents, you and I, we all know it. I think Kai will do it.
                          Yeah,you pretty much nailed it. I attempted to not be too harsh with my comments,thus the "passive" post.

With that said,i agree that Kai can,and will get it done. He just needs to do it.

I think this team has talent,it just doesn't run extremely deep. They have very little margin for error,so they need the players firing on all cylinders,their best player in particular.

Comment

You can always count on Jackmd for saying it like it is! I mean that as a compliment. We may not always agree but I appreciate the direct post.

Without that we may have danced around the subject for another 3 or 4 pages. I'm sure everyone on the team is hungry for the same things we are talking about here. I have no doubt we will see continued improvement upon the first few games. Like others have said, we have a chance at being a decent club!

Let's get a W at Drake!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

A couple of things... I don't think setting up a play for Kai will do much.... I just think he needs a shot to get a few shots to fall early and that will open everything up.... He's getting good looks they just ain't fallin... As far as Drake... don't be scared of them.... they are not nearly as good this year as last, and I really think that this is a winnable game....

Comment

Working...
                              X