Mayville State game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayville State game thread

May as well start a thread. Jacks have an early lead.
    An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
    US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Re: Mayville State game thread

Jacks lead 9-2. Kai has 7.
    An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley

Comment

Oops. I just started one too. I moved that post here though.

Comment

Jacks look pretty good early - granted it is a winless NAIA team.

We need a big win though to get us some early momentum.

I ordered the Summit League season pass yesterday. $70 for all games played at a conference member - men and women. I highly recommend it - you can get a look at all the teams.

Comment

20-8 Jacks.

Engen just scored four straight points. Time out Mayville State. 13:14 to play in the 1st half.

Comment

And as I talk up the Summit All-Access, I lose the video signal.

But I did get it on Gojacks.com still

29-11 Jacks now

Comment

Getting more offensive output from our bench this game. Moss with 6 and Engen 4 coming off the bench.

33-11 Jacks - under 8 Media Timeout

Comment

73-37 Jacks 11:00 to play.

Comment

Had to leave for a while. It looks like this game is going the way it should.

Comment

SDSU 83, Mayville 46 with about 7:00 to go

Comment

89-56 Jacks with about 3 to play.

This one turned out how we expected. Hopefully we can bring some of this to VCU Wednesday.

We will have to play a very nice game to have a chance. They are a good team

Comment

Final:

SDSU 92, Mayville State 61

Comment

From watching the game, if Josh Cassaday was healthy enough to play on Friday night, the Jacks would have won that game. He played very well for his first game in over a year. Two plays stand out for me and both are when he was driving to the basket (including one where he got the defensive rebound and drove the court). Clint shot the ball with confidence today. Kai started off aggressive. Mark played well today too. Bench was so much better (I know it is against a lower-division team but they just showed more gusto today).

Post-game interview with Nagy he stated VCU is probably the best team they will play this year. Very tough challenge for the men.
                          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Good job guys!! I hope this carries over. This road trip will be a tough one.

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                              From watching the game, if Josh Cassaday was healthy enough to play on Friday night, the Jacks would have won that game. He played very well for his first game in over a year. Two plays stand out for me and both are when he was driving to the basket (including one where he got the defensive rebound and drove the court). Clint shot the ball with confidence today. Kai started off aggressive. Mark played well today too. Bench was so much better (I know it is against a lower-division team but they just showed more gusto today).

Post-game interview with Nagy he stated VCU is probably the best team they will play this year. Very tough challenge for the men.
                              Cassaday is the real deal..... He is one tuff kid...... Clint is one heck of a shooter, we didn't get to see it a lot last year because he ran the point a lot and didn't get to many open looks.....

Comment

Working...
                              X