Tony Fiegen and Chad White inked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Fiegen and Chad White inked

I remember like it was yesterday when these two outstanding recruits verbally committed to SDSU. It is good to have them officially part of the Jackrabbit family!

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...41/1002/SPORTS

Finally: SDSU adds Madison standouts

Terry Vandrovec • tvandrovec@argusleader.com • November 13, 2008

This signing day was years in the making.

On Wednesday morning, Madison High School seniors Tony Fiegen and Chad White inked National Letters of Intent to play NCAA Division I men's basketball at South Dakota State, finalizing a commitment that was fostered more than two years ago.

Back then, the 6-foot-6 White had all his original knee ligaments intact and the 6-7 Fiegen did not have any significant varsity experience. But Jackrabbits coach Scott Nagy - who had never before extended scholarship offers to such young prospects - remains as sold in the pair now as he was then.

"To be able to have two kids that are capable of being really good at our level and having them be from the same school 35 miles away is the best thing that could happen to us," Nagy said.

According to White, he and Fiegen never wavered in their commitment to the non-binding agreement, not when they began to attract interest from mid-major programs, not when SDSU struggled through two more 20-loss seasons. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Re: Tony Fiegen and Chad White inked

So next year's roster, so far, looks like this:

Seniors
    Garret 6-1 G
    Kai 6-6 F
    Engen 6-10 F

Juniors
    Davis(if red-shirted) 6-10 F
    Cordova 6-7 F
    Moss 6-4 G
    Palarca 5-10 G
    Sargent 6-4 G

Sophmores
    Cassaday 6-6 F
    Griffan 6-4 G

Freshman
    Rader 6-7 G/F
    Fiegan 6-7 F?
    White 6-6 G?
    Carlson(RShr.) 6-5 G

I count thirteen scholarship players even if Carlson is a walk on. What is the limit for scholarships? I thought it was 13, but TV says we have room for one more recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Vision View Post
      I count thirteen scholarship players even if Carlson is a walk on. What is the limit for scholarships? I thought it was 13, but TV says we have room for one more recruit.
      Carlson will not be on scholarship next year, that is why he did not sign a letter of intent. The year after his red shirt year, he will get a scholly then. Meanwhile we still have on to give out for next year.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
        Carlson will not be on scholarship next year, that is why he did not sign a letter of intent. The year after his red shirt year, he will get a scholly then. Meanwhile we still have on to give out for next year.
        Exactly, we should be signing one more for next year.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Vision View Post
          So next year's roster, so far, looks like this:

Seniors
          Garret 6-1 G
          Kai 6-6 F
          Engen 6-10 F

Juniors
          Davis(if red-shirted) 6-10 F
          Cordova 6-7 F
          Moss 6-4 G
          Palarca 5-10 G
          Sargent 6-4 G

Sophmores
          Cassaday 6-6 F
          Griffan 6-4 G

Freshman
          Rader 6-7 G/F
          Fiegan 6-7 F?
          White 6-6 G?
          Carlson(RShr.) 6-5 G

Like Vision said, he counts 13 without Carlson. So do I. Where is the extra scholarship that we can still give out come from....
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Well, i'm confused then. Without Carlson counted,we still have 13 players.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              Well, i'm confused then. Without Carlson counted,we still have 13 players.
              The younger Griffan does not have a scholarship that I'm aware of.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

And in the listing of next year's team, two were left out DeBoer and Peterson, both of whom are non-scholarship players.

Comment

And also Payton Tivis

Comment

The younger Griffan does not have a scholarship that I'm aware of.
                    This is correct.....well as of today anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
                      This is correct.....well as of today anyways.
                      "Ahh Hahh......", think of Eddie Murphy from Coming to America for the proper context.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Back to the subject at hand, Fiegen and White are very good signings. Next year's team will be loaded, if Nagy can keep the team together. The Madison boys give Jacks fans something to look forward to, including height and shooting touch. That might help ease the pain of following this year's height-challenged, scoring-challenged Jacks.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                          Back to the subject at hand, Fiegen and White are very good signings. Next year's team will be loaded, if Nagy can keep the team together. The Madison boys give Jacks fans something to look forward to, including height and shooting touch. That might help ease the pain of following this year's height-challenged, scoring-challenged Jacks.
                          These are the first guys other then maybe Kai and Garret that were legit D-I recruits.... We don't get a verbal from these guys early, The Missouri Valley would of been looking at these guys.....

I could see Feigen possibly starting depending on if Davis will be able to play or not.......

Comment

Working...
                          X