Basketball guarantees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basketball guarantees

Does anyone know how much money the visiting team gets when they play a game against a team that isn't going to return the favor and come back to the other team's gym.  For instance what did we get last year for going to play Nebraska in basketball? I haven't the slightest idea - any of our more knowledgeable jack fans know the answer to this question.  I know it is about 400k or so for a 1aa fb team to go play a big time 1a school but what about men's bb.
    Thanks.  

Re: Basketball guarantees

Depending of the school and knowing what other school have been paid, I would say between $30,000 - $60,000 per game men's basketball. I have no idea about women's basketball.
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Traditionally SDSU has been very quiet about guarentees. I don't have a clue what we received at Minnesota, Illionis, or Nebraska last year, but it probably is no where near the football D1 guarentees. I think the biggest part of guarentee is the travel expense is paid by the home team. It does not cost as much to put a bb team on the plane as it does a football team of 55 plus coaches and any one else. I think too they take into consideration the flux of travel costs that can happen from the signing of the contract to the playing of the game. Right now fuel costs are probably cutting into the guarentees that were agreed to one, two or three years ago.

I understand each game is covered with a several page contract so the amount could vary considerably. I would concur with Dtown in that the guarentees were somewhere in between 30 to 60k

Comment

See link re: scheduling and guarantees.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...amp;id=2602247

Comment

Another scheduling article on ESPN. Both SDSU and NDSU mentioned about half way down.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...amp;id=2604871

Comment

Exerpt from the ESPN article:

Home games that will legitimize the programs North Dakota State and South Dakota State. NDSU, which won at Wisconsin in a one-way guarantee game last season, hosts Kansas State. South Dakota State, while not as well-known, still got a Conference USA team in Central Florida to make the trip to Brookings, S.D. (on the back side of a trip to Colorado).

So, Andy Katz gives us some love but not Stu or the Argus. Losers. Enough said.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
              South Dakota State, while not as well-known, [/i]
              Ouch, although it is better to be snubbed by national media than our home-state :-/

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
                [quote author=jackmd link=1159142144/0#5 date=1159454205] South Dakota State, while not as well-known, [/i]
                Ouch, although it is better to be snubbed by national media than our home-state :-/[/quote]

I don't see a snub. What can you say, it's the truth. Our basketball team has not done anything worthy of national notice. NDSU's has. Getting K-State at home, especially in this part of the country, is a bigger plus than getting Central Florida. That's just how it is.

Our D-II past is now years away, and few on the national stage know about it, and even those few who know, don't care anyway. If I recall, that was one of the reasons for the D-I move in the first place--increasing the school's name recognition.

The takeaway from this article is that we're now being watched by the national media. Respect isn't given, it's earned.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The takeaway from this article is that we're now being watched by the national media. Respect isn't given, it's earned.
                  Bingo filbert!!!! We have a home now, it's time for us to get some!!!!

Hey, now!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
                    Ouch, although it is better to be snubbed by national media than our home-state :-/
                    No snub, just a fact. Andy is more familiar with NDSU. That win over Wisconsin was a big one for them. In addition, they are the only NDSU in the nation. The ticker even reflects that now.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                    X