Bus Trip to Minneapolis - Dec 7 - Jacks at Gophers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus Trip to Minneapolis - Dec 7 - Jacks at Gophers

Just checking to see if there would be any interest in a bus trip.  

I have contacted a bus company about a possible trip to Minneapolis and back on December 7th.

The trip would leave late morning or early in the afternoon from Sioux Falls on December 7th, stop in Brookings to pick up anyone(if needed), then would head to Minneapolis for the game.  We would plan to get to the U of M at around 5:00-5:30.  This would give us time to eat before the game, then head to Williams Arena for the game against the Gophers at 7 p.m.  Following the game, we would head back to South Dakota.  We would get home early Friday morning.

Right now I have a quote for a bus, and based on 40 people going, the cost for transportation would be $35 each. If we would fill the bus with 47 people, it would be even cheaper, at around $30 per person.  

I'm not sure what tickets will cost this year, but last year I believe they were around $32 each(not sure what we could get for a possible group discount).

Just checking to see if there is interest.  It's too bad the game is being played on a Thursday, but the way it is set up, most people would really only have to miss about a half-day of work.  

Please let me know if you have any other ideas for the trip or if you are interested in making the trip to Minneapolis.

P.S.  Another option would be to get a more luxurious 36 person bus with more leg room - Based on 30 people going, this would cost $47 per person.  Just another option for those interested.

Re: Bus Trip to Minneapolis - Dec 7 - Jacks at Gop

I am interested in going to the game I just don't think I can make a commitment early enough to secure a seat on a charter. My schedule is just a little too unpredictable. It is a great idea and would make it easy.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think this would be worth people contacting Micah or Christi in the athletic office and showing them there is some interest. This way they could package it with seats for the game and maybe raise a little money in the process.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy
        I think this would be worth people contacting Micah or Christi in the athletic office and showing them there is some interest.  This way they could package it with seats for the game and maybe raise a little money in the process.  
        Fabulous idea and one I suspect has been pitched their way already. Then may be working on something as we type.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I wouldn't bank on it. Unless there is decent interest I don't think they would do it. If 20 - 25 people called I think they would start to work on it.

This has been one area I would like to see developed. Two years ago when NDSU played football here they brought something like 4 busses of students down. We have never done anything like that. I think this would be a great way to continue to build interest in all of our programs and allow our students to get more involved in athletics.
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Things like this have been brought up in meetings with Micah. Plans are in the process for students traveling to road games. But more won't be decided for a little while.

Comment

Working...
            X