Season Ticketholders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Ticketholders

I have a suggestion for season ticket holders for State basketball and maybe the Athletic Department in general.

Last night at the exhibition game, maybe half of the lower level seating was occupied. Contact the ticket department and they will tell you the lower level season tickets are sold out. I think you can buy lower level seats at some games, but many seats are reserved for season ticket holders (obviously). This wouldn't bother me so much, except they now have "gatekeepers" at the entrances to the reserved sections making "moving down" much more difficult. The end effect is that there are more people sitting in the upper deck than close to the floor, resulting in a crowd further away from the game and less into the game.

Rather than just complain, as I am often prone to do, I came up with an idea.

I know many season ticket holders can't attend all the games, and I'm not meaning to harp on significant donors to State athletics. Here's my idea:

If you are a season ticket holder and you can't attend or don't want to attend because we are playing Dak St, contact someone you know who might never attend an SDSU game. Preferably someone with kids. Give them your ticket, and tell them you have great seats. This way ticket sales are not impacted, more butts are in the seats, and more people will become interested in State athletics.

Or, if you can't attend and you have courtside seats, give your ticket back to the Athletic Department to use as a hook to get potential donors involved who are currently not involved with State athletics (ie Denny Sanford and the like).

I don't know if this idea is possible or maybe there is a good reason to not do it, but it makes sense to me.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Re: Season Ticketholders

Are the exibition games included in the season ticket package?

My Dad, brother and I are getting a pair of seats together this year. Will keep your suggestions in mind. Being in SF it will be tough to sell them anyway and will be better just to give.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
      Are the exibition games included in the season ticket package?

My Dad, brother and I are getting a pair of seats together this year. Will keep your suggestions in mind. Being in SF it will be tough to sell them anyway and will be better just to give.
      I think there's at least four people in my six lower level seats most nights . . . sometimes more . . . at least I hope so
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Or how about this. If you don't know someone that can use the tickets donate the tickets back to the department to re-sell. This way you are giving a little extra back and it costs you nothing extra.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan
          I have a suggestion for season ticket holders for State basketball and maybe the Athletic Department in general.

Last night at the exhibition game, maybe half of the lower level seating was occupied.  Contact the ticket department and they will tell you the lower level season tickets are sold out.  I think you can buy lower level seats at some games, but many seats are reserved for season ticket holders (obviously).  This wouldn't bother me so much, except they now have "gatekeepers" at the entrances to the reserved sections making "moving down" much more difficult.  The end effect is that there are more people sitting in the upper deck than close to the floor, resulting in a crowd further away from the game and less into the game.

I know many season ticket holders can't attend all the games, and I'm not meaning to harp on significant donors to State athletics.  Here's my idea:

If you are a season ticket holder and you can't attend or don't want to attend because we are playing Dak St, contact someone you know who might never attend an SDSU game.  Preferably someone with kids.  Give them your ticket, and tell them you have great seats.  This way ticket sales are not impacted, more butts are in the seats, and more people will become interested in State athletics.

Or, if you can't attend and you have courtside seats, give your ticket back to the Athletic Department to use as a hook to get potential donors involved who are currently not involved with State athletics (ie Denny Sanford and the like).

I don't know if this idea is possible or maybe there is a good reason to not do it, but it makes sense to me.
          Sanford gives when not pressured, so we haven't pressured him.  Dykhouse does all the talking for us.   Let's not force Sanford to do anything.  Generosity is not forced, and therefore we should not use force on Sanford and trying to get a donation from him.

Comment

HUH? :-/
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
              [quote author=SF_Rabbit_Fan link=1162843320/0#0 date=1162843319]I have a suggestion for season ticket holders for State basketball and maybe the Athletic Department in general.

Last night at the exhibition game, maybe half of the lower level seating was occupied. Contact the ticket department and they will tell you the lower level season tickets are sold out. I think you can buy lower level seats at some games, but many seats are reserved for season ticket holders (obviously). This wouldn't bother me so much, except they now have "gatekeepers" at the entrances to the reserved sections making "moving down" much more difficult. The end effect is that there are more people sitting in the upper deck than close to the floor, resulting in a crowd further away from the game and less into the game.

I know many season ticket holders can't attend all the games, and I'm not meaning to harp on significant donors to State athletics. Here's my idea:

If you are a season ticket holder and you can't attend or don't want to attend because we are playing Dak St, contact someone you know who might never attend an SDSU game. Preferably someone with kids. Give them your ticket, and tell them you have great seats. This way ticket sales are not impacted, more butts are in the seats, and more people will become interested in State athletics.

Sanford gives when not pressured, so we haven't pressured him. Dykhouse does all the talking for us. Let's not force Sanford to do anything. Generosity is not forced, and therefore we should not use force on Sanford and trying to get a donation from him.[/quote]

Actually, I like the places where Mr Sanford is currently showing his generosity. I would rather see a children's hospital or homestake lab or engineering school or nursing dept. expansion or some other philanthropic donation than humongous donation for a new football stadium or something like that. I know very little about him, but I certainly respect him for his choices so far. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Man I thought I read that like 3 times and couldn't figure out where you were coming from bluehat. Thanks for the highlights fellas. Sometimes us old folks need them!
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Sorry about that I was kinda in a hurry for what I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                    Sanford gives when not pressured, so we haven't pressured him.  Dykhouse does all the talking for us.   Let's not force Sanford to do anything.  Generosity is not forced, and therefore we should not use force on Sanford and trying to get a donation from him.
                    Didn't know you were working in the athletic department now. Congratulations on your new position.
                    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
                      [quote author=thebluehatman link=1162843320/0#4 date=1162853112]Sanford gives when not pressured, so we haven't pressured him.  Dykhouse does all the talking for us.   Let's not force Sanford to do anything.  Generosity is not forced, and therefore we should not use force on Sanford and trying to get a donation from him.
                      Didn't know you were working in the athletic department now. Congratulations on your new position.[/quote]

BINGO++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Comment

Working...
                      X