National Letter of Intent Day Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Letter of Intent Day Wednesday

I guess we might as well have this thread for both the men an women. On the men's side we are expected to sign 6'5 guard Dale Moss of Brandon Valley and Sioux City Heelan Guard Clint Sargent. It seems we have one more to sign and would think we would be looking for a big body as we are deep in the guard/small forward category. The Jacks were considering Urbandale Iowa's Ethan Freeman who is another athletic tweener in the 6'5 range. He seems to be more of an inside player than Moss, but not sure he doesn't just duplicate what we already have an abundance of. He is one of the best uncommitted players in Iowa. The other player we were rumored to be interested in is Garrett Callahan's younger brother who I believe is a little bigger.

Re: National Letter of Intent Day Wednesday

Here is the official press release on the Jacks website.

Jacks sign two top recruits
    BROOKINGS, S.D. - South Dakota State University signed two high school prospects to letters of intent, indicating they plan to enroll at SDSU next fall and participate in the men’s basketball program. Brandon Valley senior Dale Moss and Sioux City (Iowa) Heelan senior Clint Sargent both signed letters on Wednesday.

Read more...

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Va...cfm?Id=46,5494

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

From the Argus:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...611090329/1002

SDSU men sign Brandon Valley's Moss

By terry vandrovec
      tvandrovec@argusleader.com
      PUBLISHED: November 9, 2006

Few college basketball teams were as busy Wednesday - the first day of the NCAA's early national signing period - as the AAU outfit Martin Brothers.

The Waterloo, Iowa-based club that has produced the likes of Kirk Hinrich, Nick Collison and Jared Reiner, was scheduled to have at least six players from its 19-and-under team sign with scholarship-level programs - four at the Division I level.

One of them, guard Clint Sargent, inked a letter of intent to play for South Dakota State, as did Brandon Valley's Dale Moss, a 6-foot-4 guard who averaged 15.2 points and 5.2 rebounds per game last season.

Sargent, a 6-4, 195-pounder from Bishop Heelan in Sioux City, Iowa, was a Class 3A all-state pick and averaged 19.7 points and 7.0 rebounds as a junior. He's also a two-year starter at quarterback on the school's football team. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Isn't Moss a pretty solid receiver as well? Is there any chance that he could play for the Jacks football team as well, or is he not that good of a receiver?

Comment

Originally posted by juice
          Isn't Moss a pretty solid receiver as well?  Is there any chance that he could play for the Jacks football team as well, or is he not that good of a receiver?
          I remember hearing someone say something about Stig asking Nagy to return the favor when it comes to Moss. I'm sure that was partially in jest but you never know.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The timing just doesn't work for someone to do football and basketball both in college. Especially now that there is such an emphasis on off-season conditioning. Very few play both of those sports in college.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Or will we see Chris Wagner in a basketball uniform again this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson
                Or will we see Chris Wagner in a basketball uniform again this season?
                Sounds good to me! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                  [quote author=Jackson link=1162786727/0#6 date=1163112934]Or will we see Chris Wagner in a basketball uniform again this season?
                  Sounds good to me!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Go State!  [/quote]
                  Could use Chris's size, even if only for 3-4 minutes each half.

Comment

Did Callahan's brother sign anywhere? Do we even have a scholarship left to offer him? I have read he is a helluva ball player.

Comment

Working...
                    X