http://www.vmikeydets.com/sport_front.asp?sportid=266

Go State!  

Re: VMI

Jacks up early.

SDSU 6 - VMI 3

Go State!

Comment

Jacks having trouble with the pressure, man we miss Callahan, 10 turnovers. We started off hot but things are going down hill. VMI on a 8-0 run.

VMI 17 - SDSU 10

Go State!

Comment

Jacks averaging more than a turnover per minute played, tough to hang with anybody when you can't take care of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
          Jacks having trouble with the pressure, man we miss Callahan, 10 turnovers.  We started off hot but things are going down hill.  VMI on a 8-0 run.

VMI 17 - SDSU 10

Go State!  
          I know you are just trying to be positive 89, but it is hard to say we really miss somebody who has never played a college game.  I understand he is highly touted coming in by Nagy and the like, but so was Bassett, Kai Williams, Hornby, etc.  

Nevertheless, like you, I hope getting a true point guard on the floor will help this team out a bunch.  They need it.  
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

18 turnovers now for the Jacks in less than 14 minutes played. This is rediculous.

Comment

It would appear to me that we have only 1 true point guard on this team and he has a broken hand. I don't know what it is with Frias and Casey that Nagy doesn't like, but something must be missing there for him not to lean on them when we can't break a press.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Teams are going to press us mercilessly until we demonstrate that we can break it. That requires a level of patience (i.e. experience) and athletic ability that we obviously don't have right now.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Seems like we settling down a little bit now, 50-32 with Kleinjan on the free throw line. Would be nice if we can keep it close from now on out.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
                    [quote author=89rabbit link=1163345707/0#2 date=1163351807]Jacks having trouble with the pressure, man we miss Callahan, 10 turnovers.  We started off hot but things are going down hill.  VMI on a 8-0 run.

VMI 17 - SDSU 10

Go State!  
                    I know you are just trying to be positive 89, but it is hard to say we really miss somebody who has never played a college game.  I understand he is highly touted coming in by Nagy and the like, but so was Bassett, Kai Williams, Hornby, etc.  

Nevertheless, like you, I hope getting a true point guard on the floor will help this team out a bunch.  They need it.  [/quote]

I know you are frustrated, as we all are, but even though he has not played a college game do you suppose that a team that is turning over the ball as much as we are is missing their starting point guard?  I don't think my observation is that big of a stretch, or that much of a revelation?  Had I said something like "if we had Callahan, we would be playing Ohio State tonight", I would understand your post, but I didn't I just pointed out that we miss our starting point guard.

Heck, you seem to agree with me in the second paragraph of your post.  So I have to ask, what is the point of you post?  Do you have issue with our incoming freshmen, just wanted to let off some steam, don't think that Nagy is being honest about his players talent, or have an issue with me as a poster?   Just looking for a little clarification.  

Comment

58-42 at the half.

Comment

I'll take a minor swipe at Nagy, and say I think he waited way, way too long to call time-out(s) to bring his team over and settle them down when VMI went off on their 20-0 run or whatever they ripped off against us.

/armchair-head-coach-mode
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jacks are back to within 12 . . . don't lose heart, gentle Rabbits!
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                            [quote author=jackrabbit1979 link=1163345707/0#4 date=1163352476][quote author=89rabbit link=1163345707/0#2 date=1163351807]Jacks having trouble with the pressure, man we miss Callahan, 10 turnovers.  We started off hot but things are going down hill.  VMI on a 8-0 run.

VMI 17 - SDSU 10

Go State!  

Nevertheless, like you, I hope getting a true point guard on the floor will help this team out a bunch.  They need it.  [/quote]

I know you are frustrated, as we all are, but even though he has not played a college game do you suppose that a team that is turning over the ball as much as we are is missing their starting point guard?  I don't think my observation is that big of a stretch, or that much of a revelation?  Had I said something like "if we had Callahan, we would be playing Ohio State tonight", I would understand your post, but I didn't I just pointed out that we miss our starting point guard.

Heck, you seem to agree with me in the second paragraph of your post.  So I have to ask, what is the point of you post?  Do you have issue with our incoming freshmen, just wanted to let off some steam, don't think that Nagy is being honest about his players talent, or have an issue with me as a poster?   Just looking for a little clarification.  

[/quote]

Wasn't a potshot at you at all 89, I didn't mean it to come across like that.  From our exchanges in the past I think you know that you and I are on the same page a very high percentage of the time.  I guess what I am saying is that we (you and I) seem to be counting on one player, who has never played a college game, to come in and make a big difference on this team.  While I am counting on that too, I don't know how likely that is.  I shouldn't have mentioned anything as nobody is a mood to debate anything.   I guess the point of my post, as you ask, was just to make conversation.  I really don't know about our incoming freshman's incoming talent...I know from my conversations with most of them that they are all good kids and will give everything they have.  I do get frustrated however, like most fans, thinking that this is going to be half/game/week/year that we start to see improvement and that hasn't came yet.  By no means am I giving up or calling anybody out during the first three games.  Just was making conversation in the game thread topic.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Jacks back within 12!

Make that within TEN!!!

Oops, back to 13 . . . sigh . . . GO RABBITS!!!
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X