2008-2009 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008-2009 Schedule

Say what you will about the struggles of the men's basketball program, it sounds like they are preparing to take a good step forward this season. Here's hoping Nagy and the team can pull it off.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1529616
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Re: 2008-2009 Schedule

If you are interested in how the process of making a D-1 Men's BB Schedule together for a mid-major team works, then read this article. It is very informative and puts things into perspective.

http://www.bisonzone.com/index.cfm?p...full&id=213739

Go State!!!
    Go Jacks!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
      If you are interested in how the process of making a D-1 Men's BB Schedule together for a mid-major team works, then read this article. It is very informative and puts things into perspective.

Go State!!!
      Go Jacks!!!
      Thanks for the link. I'll admit i was critical of our home schedule. This opened my eyes .

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post

Go State!!!
        Go Jacks!!!
        This is pretty informative reading. A couple of questions immediately come to mind:

1) Should the conference be expanded to twelve teams with a full 22 game round robin schedule? This would add two guaranteed home games each season and deacrease by four the number of out of conference games that have to be found. Given the large geography of the conference this would probably necessitate even more December conference games and/or games played during the Christmas/New Year's break.

2) The article mentions that the NDSU and South Dakota State coaches have not been given the green light to schedule the in-state transitional teams. Even though many on this board find this totally unacceptable, does the potential benefit dictate that the time for reconsideration has come?
        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
          This is pretty informative reading. A couple of questions immediately come to mind:

1) Should the conference be expanded to twelve teams with a full 22 game round robin schedule? This would add two guaranteed home games each season and deacrease by four the number of out of conference games that have to be found. Given the large geography of the conference this would probably necessitate even more December conference games and/or games played during the Christmas/New Year's break.

2) The article mentions that the NDSU and South Dakota State coaches have not been given the green light to schedule the in-state transitional teams. Even though many on this board find this totally unacceptable, does the potential benefit dictate that the time for reconsideration has come?
          For the women at present and hopefully the men in the future, it is very important to keep as many out of conference games as we have now if not more. They are needed to schedule teams from power conferences in order to try to get at-large bids to the the Big Dance when the best team doesn't win a conference tournament. I would hate to see us lose the chance to bring schools like Wisconsin, Utah, and Oregon to Frost for women's games. I understand that the men's side works somewhat differently, but we still want to be able to bring in some ooc mid majors and play a few power conference teams on the road.

I am not particularly for expanding the conference any time in the near future but if it were expanded, I think we would want to go to a divisional set up where you play a round robin in your division and the teams in the other division once annually. With a 12 team conference, that would mean 16 conference games instead of the current 18 and get rid of the December problem.

Comment

I agree...we don't need any more conference games than we already had. Since the Summit League is not a power conference, we need our non-conference schedule to boost our RPI, and in turn the conferences RPI. The higher that gets, the better chance Summit League teams have at getting a look for an at large birth.

Comment

Our conference will never get more than one team in! Come on be realisitic about this!

One team and one team only forever.

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
                Our conference will never get more than one team in! Come on be realisitic about this!

One team and one team only forever.

You are a buzzkill, I'll give you that.

I'm imagining you as one of those guys that said...SDSU will never succeed as a Division I school...never??

I'm all for realisitic, but your posts the past few weeks border on rediculous.

Go Jacks!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I could not be happier that we are D1! History is aganist us on this issue and I along with many people believe that Basketball on the men's side would be the toughest transition for the University. We only moverd up one division in football so it will not take as long but basketball is another story when talking about the men.

I am a season ticket holder from Sioux Falls for football and all the basketball and hardly ever miss a game. I read alot of what people say on this site and so many are such HOMERS! It is just like being a packer fan (like myself) and everyone saying that Farve should be your QB! I am a Packer Fan first and a Favre fan Second, do I think they did the right thing, we will see, but I can't look back, it is done.

Comment

Working...
                  X