UW-Green Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UW-Green Bay

I listened to the first 3/4 of this game before bailing on it. Wow. I think most of our DII teams of the 90's would have been more in this game. I think most of those teams could beat this team on a regular basis. I don't think it's a lack of talent. I think there is just an almost complete lack of mental toughness, and very little pride. This game, even on radio, seemed to have been mailed in. There's a certain amount of excuse afforded to a teams youth, but most of these guys clearly were DI recruits, we didn't yank them off the winter league at the YMCA. Young or not, they shouldn't consistently get murdered on the floor like they have. I could see if they were dropping to these teams by 10 or 15 points, putting up a decent fight and making the other team work for most of the game before letting them put it out of reach, but to get spanked by 32 to a team that is not very good is unreal.

Comment

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!! SOME of our players are not competing.

Comment

I agree and I said that after the first exhibition game. There is none of that get in your face for 40 minutes attitude. I love watching teams that just get in your grill all game long and are always in the passing lanes. That comes with mental toughness and maybe it's because we're so young and we don't have a true leader to show it on the court every game. But I think MOST of our players are like this.

Comment

If these guys played as hard as the women's team, we'd be 8-4 rather than 2-10. I admire how the women compete every second and when bad things happen, they just move on and continue to play hard.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

It has to be hard on the players when bad things keep happening like a domino effect. Each bad thing that happens they must think it can't get any worse, and than another bad thing happens. But there is no excuse for not playing hard, I'm just saying I can sympathize with thier situation.

Comment

I listened to the game on the internet and am completely disheartened. I am dreading going to work to hear about it from my co-workers.

Comment

I guess it was a good thing I had other things come up preventing me from making the drive up to Green Bay. To say I'm a little disheartened about our team is to make a large understatement.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                X