Analyzing the team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analyzing the team

Mackenzie Casey-jr.-Walk-on- minutes declining with Callahaun and Frias playing well of late
    Troy Wipf- Jr.-Walk-on- not playing many minutes but is needed on the team
    Jose Frias- Sr. A senior has been playing great as of late unfortunatly will not be included in future
    Garret Callahaun-Fr.- Great recruit nagy brought in, he sounded excited after being interviewed
    Andy Kleinjohn-Sr.- been hurt
    Matt Cadwell-So.- clearly best player on the team
    Blake Yackley-Fr.walk on- has played well last two games and has started to shoot the 3 ball
    Kai Williams-Fr.- played great other night and another great recruit nagy brought in
    Thomas Basset-Fr.- has been in alot of foul trouble but is playing undersized
    Mark Engen-Fr.- needs to beef up if he wants to be something
    Robert Blitz-Fr.?????????? can somebody commet on why he isn't suiting up?
    Michael Looney-Jr.- hurt was playing well before injury, sounds like he won't miss the entire season like first thought

looking at this team and seeing that all but 1 of the scholarship players are underclassmen or seniors most going out to freshman I look and see the long term future as really bright for the rabbits.

looking at the recruits you can see that the jacks are on there way up. However I still think they need a 6-10 250 pound center in the near future to give some dominace down low. With Cam leaving I think that his scholarship should simply be for going after this kind of guy if its, JuCo, D-1 recruit but majory injury, foreign, or whereever but thats what the team is missing. after saying all of that IF they can find that guy I could see this team as the favorite for the Mid-Con automatic bid in 08.

Re: Analyzing  the team

Originally posted by joeboo22
    It is my understanding that he was academically ineligible the first semester.  Hopefully he has turned things around with his course work and can play for us once the second semester starts.  

Go State!  

Comment

Re: Analyzing the team

looking at the recruits you can see that the jacks are on there way up. However I still think they need a 6-10 250 pound center in the near future to give some dominace down low.
      joeboo22,

Your wish may be granted.

Originally posted by NorCalJack
      Here is a quote from Terry's Blog

The SDSU men are getting consideration from James Granstra, a 6-11 senior center from Southwest Star Concept, although he’s not likely to choose a school until after the prep season. Granstra played AAU ball for the Howard Pulley Panthers this summer and surpassed 1,000 career points in this week’s opener.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
      Originally posted by mitchell2006
      This info came from a Cornell Message Board

Cornell is reportedly heavily recruiting James Granstra, a 6-10 post player from Edgerton, MN, SW Concept Star HS (AAU: Pulley Panthers). His AAU coach has reported that Granstra has cut his college choices down to South Dakota State, North Dakota State and Cornell after receiving varying interest throughout the Ivy Leauge. Granstra also had confirmed scholarship offers from solid northeastern programs--Fairfield and Northeastern. Unlike other big man Ivy prospects, Granstra is already very physically developed, tipping scales at 240 pounds. With Andrew Naeve and Jason Hartford graduating this year, Granstra would be a near lock to start as a freshman next year. He averaged 17.8 points, 9.6 rebounds and 5.4 blocks a contest as a junior. Although his numbers are deceiving as he played somewhat low level high school competition. He is still very much developing offensively. On the bright side, he is already a terrific shot blocker, in fact, Granstra recorded 13 blocks in a game twice last year. He is also a solid rebounder. He flourished during the summer AAU circuit with one of the top programs in the country, the Pulley Panthers. His coach also commented that he runs the floor very well for a big man and Rivals reports that he is a good finisher around the basket getting garbage points off of put-backs. Minnesota Preps ranks him the #13 prospect in the state. As an Ivy League freshman, he could take up space in the paint, grab some rebounds and block some shots. Hopefully, further down the road he could develop into an offensive presence.

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
        [quote author=joeboo22 link=1166680933/0#0 date=1166680933]
        It is my understanding that he was academically ineligible the first semester.  Hopefully he has turned things around with his course work and can play for us once the second semester starts.  

Go State!  [/quote]
        My sources tell me that he still is not cutting it. I say let him go and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
          [quote author=89rabbit link=1166680933/0#1 date=1166681735][quote author=joeboo22 link=1166680933/0#0 date=1166680933]

Go State!  [/quote]
          My sources tell me that he still is not cutting it. I say let him go and move on.[/quote]

From what I've heard, I have a better shot of suiting up for the Jacks this year as Bilitz does. I highly doubt he'll be a part of the team after this school year.
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

One hidden benefit that this difficult season has for the future are all the minutes all of those freshmen are getting this year.

There's no substitute for experience. When we are making a run for the Mid-Con championship and the Big Dance in 08/09, we will have a large core of veteran, game-hardened players who know their way around a basketball court.

Cadwell will be a senior, and Callahan, Yackley, Engen, Bassett, and Williams will all be juniors (can we start calling those guys the Rabbits' Fab Five yet? No? I guess they need to win a couple of more games first. How about the Freshman Five? 8-) .

Still, that will be a pretty good bunch of upperclassmen to head into the 2008-09 season with. Mix in a few more underclassmen, and maybe a good juco or two, and we will be a very, very hard team for opponents to handle in a year or two.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

James Gransta seems to be exactly the kind of player the Jacks need. I sure hope that he picks SDSU. He would be part of a young team on the rise, and being from the region, he would have an especially strong local fan base following him and cheering him on. I thought Robert Bilitz had that kind of potential, too. It will be unfortunate, mostly for Robert, if he is unable to take advantage of the college opportunity that he's been given.
              This space for lease.

Comment

<filbert: comment edited. Please refrain from personal attacks against other posters.>

As for Bob Bilitz, I have heard he did not get the good grades this semester and will most likely not be eligible for next semster either.

As for the walk on, he is walking on from a lower level school, NAIA I believe and might see a little playing time or might not. After doing some looking up on the kid, I've discovered he's 6'7" and 200 pounds.

Comment

I have heard Bob is no longer with the team.

Comment

I have heard Bob is no longer with the team.
                    I'm able to second that.
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                      <filbert:  comment edited.  Please refrain from personal attacks against other posters.>

As for Bob Bilitz, I have heard he did not get the good grades this semester and will most likely not be eligible for next semster either.

As for the walk on,  he is walking on from a lower level school, NAIA I believe and might see a little playing time or might not.  After doing some looking up on the kid, I've discovered he's 6'7" and 200 pounds.
                      I suppose you couldn't hint at a school or even give us the guys name?

Comment

[quote author=thebluehatman link=1166680933/0#7 date=1166724086]<filbert:  comment edited.  Please refrain from personal attacks against other posters.>

As for the walk on,  he is walking on from a lower level school, NAIA I believe and might see a little playing time or might not.  After doing some looking up on the kid, I've discovered he's 6'7" and 200 pounds.
                        I suppose you couldn't hint at a school or even give us the guys name?[/quote]

This ought to help.

Originally posted by 1bunnies

The young man that will be walking on second semester is Brandon DeBoer from Huron High and Jamestown College. He is the younger brother of Sarita who played for the women's team. I believe he can fill a role as a practice player while still growing and developing his basketball skills. Welcome to the Jacks Brandon and good luck.

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                        If true, here is some info on Brandon.

http://www.jc.edu/athletics/rosterDi...mp;sportId=256

Go State!  

Comment

Working...
                        X