Mike Felt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Felt

TV said we offered him the open scholarship. What does everybody know about him? I don't know much but have heard several good things. I think that since he plays with Chad and Tony, they might do some recruiting over the summer.

Re: Mike Felt

Here are a few quotes and facts about Felt from a recent Argus Leader article about the Schoolers basketball team.

Basketball tourney lures college scouts

STU WHITNEY • swhitney@argusleader.com • April 26, 2008

With snow on the ground in late April, it might seem a little early to kick off the "summer" basketball season at this weekend's Sanford Sports SpringJam.

But Mike Felt is ready to go.

"I think it's kind of nice to start soon after the high school season, because you don't lose a lot," says Felt, a 6-foot-2 guard from Redwood Valley (Minn.) High School who is suiting up for the Dakota Schoolers.

"A lot of us are playing with guys we haven't seen much before, but it's not a big problem. We're all good basketball players, and instinct sort of takes over."

The SpringJam is an early scouting showcase that falls in the "live" evaluation period for Division I coaches. Depending on travel conditions, there could be as many as 70 college coaches watching the action today and Sunday at the University of Sioux Falls and Augustana.

The boys open division includes 18 AAU-level all-star teams from the Midwest - including the Iowa Barnstormers, the Peoria (Ill.) Irish and Team Nebraska.

The Howard Pulley Panthers (Twin Cities) opted not to send their No. 1 team, which means top prospects Rodney Williams Jr. and Royce White won't attend.

But the Barnstomers feature Sioux City Heelan center Brennan Cougill, who has committed to Iowa, and Peoria's 16-under team includes 6-3 guard Tevin Rumley, whose suitors include North Carolina, Kentucky and Michigan State.

The Dakota Schoolers will play in the top-tier gold division, while the South Dakota Heat are in the blue division and the Sioux Falls Shooters play in the white.

There are also boys 16-under and 15-under divisions, as well as an open girls bracket.
    The Schoolers are coming off a 5-0 showing at the ECI Spring Preview last weekend in Wahpeton, N.D.

They got a nice boost from Felt, who scored 758 points as a junior for Redwood Valley in 2007-08, topping all Minnesota prep scorers and earning second-team all-state honors.

"He possesses the ability to shoot the ball - a skill that's kind of a lost art," said Schoolers founder Paul Seville of Felt, who averaged 16.4 points and shot 45 percent on 3-pointers in Wahpeton.

"With the 3-point line moving back in the college ranks, his shooting range is going to get him heavily looked at and heavily recruited."

So far, Felt has scholarship offers from North Dakota State and South Dakota State, and ...
    You can read the entire article here.

Go State!!!
    Go Jacks!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Sounds like Felt would be an excellent addition for the Jacks. He could be the shooter the team needs.
      This space for lease.

Comment

I watched him play a couple of times this summer. He is a shooter, very smooth. Also pretty good ball skills, plays a little like Sempsrott used to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks15 View Post
          I watched him play a couple of times this summer. He is a shooter, very smooth. Also pretty good ball skills, plays a little like Sempsrott used to play.
          Does that mean he can also put it on the floor and go to the basket? Our new offense needs shooters and guys who can get to the basket! I've never seen him play so I'm just asking.....

GO RABBITS!!!
          Live & Breath Yellow, Bleed Blue! GO RABBITS!

Comment

Both NDSU & SDSU have offered. Some Missouri Valley schools had interest but no remaining scholarships..including Creighton and Northern Iowa, Drake is still interested but wants to watch him play more. He would be a great fit for SDSU and would fill a shooting void. Fair to compare him to Eric Kline....similar build, skills and shooting form.

Comment

Cadsev,

Thanks for the update on Felt. If Missouri Valley teams are interested in him, then he is definately a recruit that can help our team. I have not seen him play, so I was wondering if you could elaborate on his game for us. I know he scores a lot, but is he a spot up jump shooter or is he a scorer. By scorer I mean can he create his own shot, drive past his man and either take it to the rim or hit a mid-range jump shot. Can he finish at the rim? How is his defense and athleticism. Is he a 1 or a 2 at the college level? Also what is the one thing he needs to work on the most to improve his game.

Thanks again for the info. This is a slow time of year for this board and any information is appreciated.

Go State!!!
              Go Schoolers!!!
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

He is a scorer in the terms that he puts up huge numbers during the HS season. On our squad he's limited to less shots but is productive. Currently leading us in scoring. He is most definitely a 2 guard and not a point guard. He is about 6'2" and is athletic. Can get to the rim, can shoot off the dribble or coming off screens not a spot up shooter at all. Has tremendous range and each time he shoots it looks good.

Needs to improve defensively and his passing needs to improve. Two areas that will need improved for the next level. He is a strong rebounder and not afraid to mix it up. He would be tremendous for SDSU.

Comment

Sounds more like Andy Moeller.......and that's a good thing!

GO RABBITS!!
                  Live & Breath Yellow, Bleed Blue! GO RABBITS!

Comment

bisonville.com is reporting that Felt has verballed to NDSU.

Comment

It was reported here by Cadsev on another thread early this morning.

Comment

Dang. Young men are entitled to make mistakes, I guess.
                        Last edited by Jacked_Up; 08-03-2008, 08:25 PM.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                        X