Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robert Regis?

we must talking bout different guys
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

my mom said I could play for the football team and walk on and coach nagy said I could be a practice player so I must be good. This discussion is just about one guy who thinks he should play because he was good at his high school.

Comment

I remember this one time when I thought I was good enough to walk-on and play football for the Jacks...and we know how that turned out :-[
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Did it turn out any better than my attempt to get Brittney Spears to wear underwear? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
            Did it turn out any better than my attempt to get Brittney Spears to wear underwear? LOL
            Robert Regis could get Brittany to wear underwear. ;D

Oh, wait, is that a good thing, or a bad thing?
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I heard this Robert Regis kid was going to go in the first round of the NBA draft but when Stern put in that age limit, he had to kick it in college for a year. Duke, Florida, North Carolina all recruited him pretty heavy but he wouldn't sign with any of them. I hear Greg Oden even broke down in tears with Regis turned down Ohio State.

His hoops skills are amazing. He has a 52 inch vertical leap. If you put a dollar on the top of the shot clock, he can jump up and grab it and make change. He played Iverson 1 on 1 in a pick-up game on a recruiting trip to Georgetown, and beat him 20 to nothing. Iverson couldn't guard him because he was so fast and could dribble through a brick wall. He is listed at 5'11" but has an 8 foot wingspan and averaged 12 blocks per quarter in high school. Regis can shoot from anywhere on the court. He once made 1000 consecutive shots from the floor and even went a whole season only shooting from half-court or beyond, with his left hand. He posted up Shaq and dunked on him. Don't even get me started on his ability to pass the ball or create turnovers.

Robert Regis could dominate at any level and would instantly make the Rabbits the best team in college. But he is ineligible because his Freshman Comp teacher has a hatred of basketball players and won't pass him even though he writes better than Hemingway. Just an ugly situation.

Comment

You know there is a little Robert Regis in all of us!  Reminds me of the Mash episode of the made up character (Captain Tuttle)who was too good to be true.

Comment

Is he the guy that was on the north end of the gym with a girl screamin' at the players during the Midnight+2 Madness?

Comment

I once shot a man in Reno just to watch him die...and we all know how that turned out.

Some of you guys are absolutely amazing. Don't you have better things to do like join a fantasy NASCAR league?

Comment

Is this the same Robert that had a cousin named Sid Finch that threw a 130 mph fastball a number of years ago with the Mets. I think these post are 2 1/2 months early.

Comment

Originally posted by 91rabbit
                        I once shot a man  in Reno just to watch him die...and we all know how that turned out.

Some of you guys are absolutely amazing.  Don't you have better things to do like join a fantasy NASCAR league?
                        Hey I find that offensive. My team "Leaving Blackies left n right" is already picked for the daytona 500.

Comment

I'm sure there are a few kids at SDSU that could "play with" the men's basketball program. I've had the opportunity to play with the guys team numerous times and I could probably "play with" them. But there is a difference between being on the team and actually making an impact. Unless you're at least 6'7" and can actually make an impact with the team, you're not needed. I don't think one bit I could actually make an impact on the team, not even close. And I'm sure Robert Regis couldn't either. Are there kids that could be Bub Keller, etc. on the team, maybe. But unless there gonna help out and get us some more wins, they're not needed.

Comment

You say that, yet Troy Wipf is on the team? and someone from SDSU told me that they had annual walk-on try-outs as so "not to deny anyone the chance" to play ball

Comment

and nothing on Wipf, just pointing out that he seems to be the "typical" walk-on in college hoops today, probably because he has a good work ethic and can beef up the team GPA..

Comment

SDSU does not have a try-out for walkons like area NAIA and D-II schools have, what they have is if you are not recruited and want to play you give the coach some tape of you playing and he will watch it. Then if he likes you he may invite you to a try-out, the football one is held on move in day I don't know when the basketball one is. The difference is you have to be invited, compaired to other colleges where I could walk in and make an a$$ out of myself. If he likes you alot they may let you play or even give you a scholarship

Comment

Working...
                                X