The invisible United Basketball Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The invisible United Basketball Conference

I know this is just a scheduling alliance and a one year stop on our way to the Mid-Con, but I'm a bit surprised to see nothing, not even a web page about it-- just a few news releases at the time of the original agreement and a Wikipedia article. Just how good is NJIT and Utah Valley anyway? I guess I could look up each school individually but having a single place that brings it together would be helpful.

Re: The invisible United Basketball Conference

I have a feeling that this will be the most comprehensive web site for the United Basketball Conference

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...all_Conference

Comment

I wrote the Wikipedia article on the UBC. Funny, does that make me the foremost authority on the UBC? ;D
      If so, that's sad, very, very sad. You would think that someone would have put up a web page, at least one of those free web pages.

Will there be a UBC trophy? Will there be awards, such as MVP? I don't know, but I would be interested in finding out.

Comment

I do believe that there was going to be some player of the week recognition and the usual awards.

My guess would be that the XDSU's were the driving force behind the creation of the league. Since both are leaving for the Mid-Con I would expect plenty of nothing to happen with the UBC. Now, for both schools its just a chance to have some home games in Jan/Feb.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by RodentiaX1
          I wrote the Wikipedia article on the UBC. Funny, does that make me the foremost authority on the UBC? ;D
          If so, that's sad, very, very sad. You would think that someone would have put up a web page, at least one of those free web pages.

Will there be a UBC trophy? Will there be awards, such as MVP? I don't know, but I would be interested in finding out.
          Congratulations, you're the expert!
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm gonna start a free website today with all the info, stats, records, and such for the ubc. I'll post later with the URL.

Comment

The site is up and running

http://www.freewebs.com/unitedbball/

Let me know of any improvements or things to add.
              I plan on updating it daily, or close to anyways.

Comment

After this season you will have to give control of the website to USDII ;D
                Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Nice job Mitchell the site looks good. Now if you could start another web site for the women's teams it would be great, that is if you have the time and its not to much trouble.

Comment

Wow, the site looks great, nice work!

Comment

Eventually I can put a link to the women's teams, but it would probably would be more a stripped down version.

Comment

Great job. Didn't check Wikipedia-- can (or have) you put a link from the UBC article to this site?

Comment

I've added UBC standings to my Wednesday Reports over on the blog side of this site . . .

http://www.sdsufans.com/
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Nice work on the site Mitchell!

Comment

I propose a toast to the start of our first and LAST season in the UBC. Thank God. At this time next season we will have already played 8 Mid-Con Conference games.
                              Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                              X