Schilling to SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schilling to SDSU

There is a press conference scheduled for noon today to announce that Cody Schilling has chosen SDSU as his choice to play basketball next year.

Re: Schilling to SDSU

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
    There is a press conference scheduled for noon today to announce that Cody Schilling has chosen SDSU as his choice to play basketball next year.

If this is true, Just in the crowd, I'll give you rep. points. If it's a joke, you deserve a black eye.

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

April Fools

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
        April Fools

That was my guess.

I was over at AGS.com and saw a one thread titled..."It's official...UNI it leaving FCS/Gateway for MAC!!" I think I might have soiled 'em a little!

Happy April Fools to all you Jokers!!

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Meethinks we're in for a LOOOOONG day with all the jokers on this board! LOL
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Okay, I'll chip in my 2 cents...

I heard that Judd Finch wants to play ball for SDSU starting next year.

Judd never played high school ball, in fact, he never went to high school. He spent his childhood at a Buhddist temple where the monks taught him about the zen of the round bouncing ball.

At a top-secret practice at Frost Arena last month, Judd was nailing threes seemingly at will and making half court shots blindfolded. He has blazing speed, and all while wearing a pair of steel-toe boots.

Judd is the nephew of former Mets great Sidd Finch.
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Last night Schilling was the "Athlete of the Week" on KDLT. They said that he narrowed his choices down to Augie, Wenona and Northwestern. I don't know why he would go to such a small school. Maybe he likes being a big fish in a little pond. He could be the Deb Remerdy of men's ball.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                Last night Schilling was the "Athlete of the Week" on KDLT. They said that he narrowed his choices down to Augie, Wenona and Northwestern. I don't know why he would go to such a small school. Maybe he likes being a big fish in a little pond. He could be the Deb Remerdy of men's ball.
                Winona has a pretty solid program going for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                  Good one. Had me going for a bit. I hesitate to speculate about a kid I know nothing of. Rep points for the foolery.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                    Or he could just want to play for a National Championship every year at Winona State.
                    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Seriously now, I have to wonder if Cody Schilling believes he is good enough for Div I ball or any better than what is at SDSU currently. Apparently, he is considered better than his brother Curt or at least higher potential. Curt had a really fine career at my alma mater but not overwhelming. This past year he averaged about 15 points a game and 4 rebounds. These stats are pretty similiar to each of his years as a Red Raider.
                      As much as I would like to see him a Jackrabbit I'm not sure he would offer anything different, or better from what is already there. With Sargeant and Moss and the two Callahans already in place where would Schilling play? I have not seen him play but have seen his brother. I wonder if Augie or Div II might not be the right choice for him.

Comment

Apparently someone doesn't have a sense of humor... I got dinged for my Judd Finch joke!

Sidd Finch is the all-time best April Fool's joke! Come on, people! Learn your history!
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                          Apparently someone doesn't have a sense of humor... I got dinged for my Judd Finch joke!

Sidd Finch is the all-time best April Fool's joke! Come on, people! Learn your history!
                          Is this the story that ran in Sports Illustrated years ago about the country bumpkin that could throw 108 mph and wore his work boots when he pitched? This story wne t on for several pages. If it is, I remember the last paragraph of the story told you to take the first letter of each word of the title and it spelled April Fools.

Comment

168 miles per hour... and yes, the one and only story. It came out in the April 1, 1985 edition of Sports Illustrated and was concocted by one of the finest sportswriters ever, George Plimpton.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

The story was great! One of the best reads ever. I can't believe you got dinged for that.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X