Poll: Pitt vs. Oral Roberts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Pitt vs. Oral Roberts

Well Oral Roberts has the dubious honor of playing Pittsburg in the first round of the NCAA. I was wondering how people felt there chances were against the Big East team. Here is a poll.
    Pitt in a blow out - 20+ point win
    29.41%
    Pitt by a comfortable margin - 10+ point win
    45.10%
    Pitt in a close game - Less than 10 points
    11.76%
    Oral Roberts in a close game - Less than 10 points
    13.73%

The poll is expired.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Re: Poll: Pitt vs. Oral Roberts

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
    Well Oral Roberts has the dubious honor of playing Pittsburg in the first round of the NCAA. I was wondering how people felt there chances were against the Big East team. Here is a poll.
    Dubious indeed. Pitt has looked very tough, afraid Oral Roberts is gonna go down hard. I'll still cheer on our conference member but this was a nasty draw.

Comment

Well, I'll take one for the conference by picking ORU.

But I don't think the Summit League champs could have drawn a worse opponent. Pitt seems to be playing with something to prove. My hope is that in finally getting over the hump and winning the Big East championship, they'll have psychologically gotten over that hump and relax a bit to play "lowly" Oral Roberts. If that happens, the Golden Eagles have a shot.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Pitt looked TOUGH in the Big East tourney. I think they'll look past ORU and let up a bit but Pitt just has too much inside and they handle the ball decently. ORU is going to have to play their best game of the year just to hang in there.

The other 13's Sienna, Winthrop, and USD are much more likely to pull the upset, IMHO.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Yeah, I have to think ORU got jobbed a little by the committee, but I'm pretty sure the committee wasn't to worried about taking heat for where they put a 13 seed. They were probably too busy trying to figure out how they were going to explain letting in U of A over ASU. Could you imagine being a die-hard Sun Devil fan this morning??...I lived there for 3 years and let me tell you, the disdain for U of A and vice-versa is very reminisent of a certain "old rivalry" around these parts.
          IMHO ORU should be in USD's spot, considering USD's record was 21-13 vs. ORU's 24-8 and they won the regular season conference title and conference tourney. Not that UCONN is going to be that much better of a draw, or Washington St.. Vandi on the ohter hand I could see ORU sending home. Oh well, play hard Golden Eagles and BTW, tell your mascot to play nice with the Panther in Denver.

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
            Yeah, I have to think ORU got jobbed a little by the committee, but I'm pretty sure the committee wasn't to worried about taking heat for where they put a 13 seed. They were probably too busy trying to figure out how they were going to explain letting in U of A over ASU. Could you imagine being a die-hard Sun Devil fan this morning??...I lived there for 3 years and let me tell you, the disdain for U of A and vice-versa is very reminisent of a certain "old rivalry" around these parts.
            IMHO ORU should be in USD's spot, considering USD's record was 21-13 vs. ORU's 24-8 and they won the regular season conference title and conference tourney. Not that UCONN is going to be that much better of a draw, or Washington St.. Vandi on the ohter hand I could see ORU sending home. Oh well, play hard Golden Eagles and BTW, tell your mascot to play nice with the Panther in Denver.

Go Jacks!!

I heard them talking to the commissioner about Arizona and Arizona State and the reason Arizona went instead of Arizona State was the non-conference strength of schedule. Arizona played a tougher one than Arizona State and that was a point of emphasis for the committee. Pretty tough for Arizona State though as they beat Arizona twice this season, but just goes to show if you play a tough schedule you may get rewarded.

I don't think ORU got jobbed at all. Look at the conference San Diego plays in compared to the Summit. They got three bids with Gonzaga and St. Mary's getting at-large bids. You win that tournament by beating them two teams you have done something. It's not all about records.

The team I think got jobbed is Davidson. 3 of their 6 losses were to UNC, UCLA, and Duke by a combined 22 points. They have won their conference tournament while winning 22 games in a row. I just think they deserved more than a 10 seed. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the elite eight. If the committee puts emphasis on non-conference schedule I don't think you could expect a mid-major to play a tougher one than Davidson.

ORU did get a tough draw though with Pitt. Pitt rolled through the Big East tournament becoming the first team to win it while playing all four days. I agree if Pitt lets down ORU could beat them, but I think the chances are slim slim slim.

Comment

Working...
            X