Two Games with Wyoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Games with Wyoming

Terry V is reporting on his blog that SDSU is in talks with Wyoming for a two game deal in mens BB. First game at a neutral site in Wyo, probably Casper, the second at a neutral site in SD, "likely Sioux Falls". I for one think it makes more sense to play the SD game in Rapid City. Alot of State alums in the hills and would draw well from the Wyo side of the line especially from Gillette.

Re: Two Games with Wyoming

Originally posted by HoboD View Post
    Terry V is reporting on his blog that SDSU is in talks with Wyoming for a two game deal in mens BB. First game at a neutral site in Wyo, probably Casper, the second at a neutral site in SD, "likely Sioux Falls". I for one think it makes more sense to play the SD game in Rapid City. Alot of State alums in the hills and would draw well from the Wyo side of the line especially from Gillette.
    While it would be fun to host a game out here, I don't think it's a good idea. It's a long ways to travel to play a "home" game and there are a lot of Wyoming fans out here as well. Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Comment

I may have bias views but I would love them to play a game in Rapid...... It panders to the West River alumni and future students, and the Civic Center is so much better then the Arena.... Will this start next year? My friend from Wyoming said that they would probably be playing in the Cowboy Classic in December..... I think its a high school classic in which UW plays the night game or something like that......

Comment

I like the two-game idea, with a game in either Sioux Falls or Rapid City. Hopefully, Jacks fans would still outnumber Wyoming fans if the game ends up in Rapid. I like the idea of South Dakota's real team branching out to cultivate more fans and support.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          I Will this start next year? My friend from Wyoming said that they would probably be playing in the Cowboy Classic in December..... I think its a high school classic in which UW plays the night game or something like that......
          Terrys blog doesnt say when the games would be. This season the Cowboys played Montana State in the "Wyoming shootout" held in Casper. Montana State won.

Comment

Does Wyoming usually have a decent mens basketball team ?

The girls were really good last year weren't they ?

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post

Based on the below link to their schedule and results, I would say no they are not doing so hot in the Mountain West. How the Mountain West compares with Summit is another good question which I hesitate to answer.

http://wyomingathletics.cstv.com/spo...kbl-sched.html

Yes their women seem to be doing okay.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post

They had a decent run five or six years ago, but have been down a bit since. I follow them since my wife got her M.A. there.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The Mountain West conference is miles better than the Summit League.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-D1 View Post
                    Very much so...currently the Mountain West is 9th in conference RPI standings and the Summit is 22nd. That is out of 32 possible D-I basketball conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-D1 View Post
                      Mountains high better, you might say. Wyoming has some talented big guys and I think they would handle us without much difficulty right now. Doesn't mean we shouldn't get them on the schedule, we should.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Mountains high better, you might say. Wyoming has some talented big guys and I think they would handle us without much difficulty right now. Doesn't mean we shouldn't get them on the schedule, we should.
                        i would disagree with them handling us...... they just about lost to Chadren State who BHSU beat by 20...... I know when you start comparing teams scores it is odd but Wyoming would be a winnable game..... It would be like an Oakland a game in which SDSU would have to play good but they could win..... And yes I do think they should get UW on the schedule it just makes sense....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          i would disagree with them handling us...... they just about lost to Chadren State who BHSU beat by 20...... I know when you start comparing teams scores it is odd but Wyoming would be a winnable game..... It would be like an Oakland a game in which SDSU would have to play good but they could win..... And yes I do think they should get UW on the schedule it just makes sense....
                          Wyoming's RPI is in the 190's. We know where were at. I'll say it again, I think they would handle us this year.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'll second that...

Comment

Wasn't NDSU's like 192?? There's a chance?!?!

Comment

Working...
                              X