Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Loney article

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../80228032/1002

Great article about Mike and a frank commentary on transition.

I couldn't be more proud of Mike. He is a tremendous person and is going to be very succesful in life. He has done nothing short of give everything he has to this program and embodies what is good about college athletics. Sure, we all were hoping for a few more wins but the experience is the important thing and Mike has the proper perspective!

Thanks for everything to Michael Loney and best wishes for a succesful life after SDSU!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: Michael Loney article

[QUOTE=SUPERBUNNY;78901Thanks for everything to Michael Loney and best wishes for a succesful life after SDSU!

SUPERBUNNY[/QUOTE]

Read the article at noon when I was home for lunch and I certainly echo your thoughts on the story. Sometimes we need to be reminded that there is more to athletics than the score...

Comment

Basically brings tears to my eyes when I think about our three seniors, Michael, Ben and Moe. Michael has worked so hard, and has played to the best of his abilities; Ben had some tough years leading up to the death of his father, and this year, has given 110% (in other words, EVERYTHING he could give); and Moe was an unfortunate victim of several things, not the least of which was breaking his arm before the season was over! I'm so glad Moe got to start a game before his accident.

All three went through transitional purgatory and all three are GREAT people!!!

Comment

I read the article this morning and passed it around to all the State Fans at work. All of 'em (most haven't been to a game all season) said they wished they could see him play after reading the article. I told 'em what they were missing and some thought they might make it to the game Saturday. Our whole "posse" is gonna miss all of the guys. Thanks Mike, Ben and Moe...it's been a tough...BUT GREAT...run.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          Basically brings tears to my eyes when I think about our three seniors, Michael, Ben and Moe. Michael has worked so hard, and has played to the best of his abilities; Ben had some tough years leading up to the death of his father, and this year, has given 110% (in other words, EVERYTHING he could give); and Moe was an unfortunate victim of several things, not the least of which was breaking his arm before the season was over! I'm so glad Moe got to start a game before his accident.

All three went through transitional purgatory and all three are GREAT people!!!
          I couldn't agree more. 3 outstanding young men.

Comment

How can anyone be critical of Michael Loney? He does so many things in his life right. He probably was recruited more for D2, but I respect him so much for all the effort he has put for on the court. This is about the only time we get to know him and yep we can say he is not fast enough, and maybe its true, but as a human being and a future citizen, he is tops. I think he will have a very productive life as a math teacher if that is his calling. Some kids are going to be very lucky to have them. We have been lucky to have Mike as a student. The people in Humbolt Iowa should be very proud of Micheal Loney. Humbolt is the home of the late Harry Reasoner of ABC news and now they have someone we know in Jackrabbit land as good basketball player and a model citizen.

Comment

Working...
            X