Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kai Williams earns award.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,5670
    South Dakota State University freshman Kai Williams earned Division I Independent Men’s Basketball Newcomer of the Week honors for his efforts in leading the Jackrabbits to a 1-1 record last week.

A 6-5, 205-pound freshman from Regina, Saskatchewan, Williams averaged 17 points and eight rebounds in 29.2 minutes in two games for the Jackrabbits.

He posted his second career double-double Thursday in a loss to Utah State with 10 points on 4-of-9 shooting (44.4 percent). He made both of his free throw attempts and grabbed a career high 12 rebounds.

Williams followed that performance up with a career high 24 points on 9-of-13 shooting (69.2 percent), including 2-of-3 from three-point range and 4-for-4 from the free throw line. He also pulled down four rebounds in the Jacks’ 82-67 win over Texas Pan-American.
    Congrats Kai on an awesome week and this nice award.

Re: Kai Williams earns award.

He's Good!

8-)
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

I think Kai has a bright future ahead of him. He is nearly unstoppable when he decides to attack the hoop, he just needs to be a little more agressive at times. Nice work Kai!!

Comment

Originally posted by agrabbit18
        I think Kai has a bright future ahead of him. He is nearly unstoppable when he decides to attack the hoop, he just needs to be a little more agressive at times. Nice work Kai!!
        Couldn't agree more, we can build some offense around him as the swingman.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Well-deserved. He was by far the best player on the court for either team at the Texas-Pan Am game.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Monday night was Kai's most aggressive game I've seen. He was driving the lane easily against his defenders. Very deserving award.
            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Kai is going to continue to improve every year. When he is a Jr. and Sr. Look Out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He could be legendary at SDSU !!!!

Comment

I think the award cheered him up a little. he was quite homesick when we got down there last week..but by the end of our visit he was feeling better I think.....glad we made the trip down........even though it was a little chilly

Comment

Originally posted by Ozark_Jack
                  Kai is going to continue to improve every year. When he is a Jr. and Sr. Look Out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He could be legendary at SDSU !!!!
                  Not only "could be" but I think is certain to be legendary. I was at the NDSU game and even though we lost, there were subtle things going on that show this group is making improvements and I am confident it is going to come together. Perhaps as early as next year, we are going to be accustomed to a winning season and Kai Williams will be a huge factor in that development.

NDSU has a nice ball club. Some of the quickest hands I've seen in a while, intercepting passes and knocking the ball out of our hands, creating scoring situations for themselves. Cadwell clearly is suffering from the after-effects of the hip pointer or something but tell you what, the guy's a scrapper and you know he's not ever satisfied so he'll be back.

Comment

Working...
                  X