Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NDSU

Originally posted by JimmyJack
    As an aside: Williams in my opinion, was the most athletic player on the floor Saturday night. When's the last time you could say that about one of OUR players? With a little more seasoning, he's going to be a great one. It's hard when you watch him to remember that he's 18-years-old. He's so efficient in his game which is a sign of maturity. There was one play where he leapt up for a defensive rebound, taking off just inside the free throw line and soared all the way to the end line almost getting the ball (sure, he knocked over an NDSU player and picked up a foul, but that's some serious athleticism.)
    I was impressed with his aggression and athleticism, that play especially. We were sitting on the west end when he came flying in for that rebound, I think his knee hit the NDSU player in the side of the head. There is some promise for this team.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Rabbit
      I really think that the main difference in the game was that NDSU came down the floor and ran through their offense until eventually one of players got an open shot where as SDSU came down the floor ran into a good defense, panicked and threw up a contested shot. I think that NDSU guards out played our guards but that Kai and Loney did a good job down low. I think the game at NDSU will be a closer game, some of the players seemed to let the magnitude of the game get to them.
      The reason is because they were better than us. But I do agree with what I highlighted. In the future, when we're not so undermaned, I think we're gonna have to get out and try and score some easy buckets in transition. I've said it before and I don't think we're athletic enough to play half court all game against teams, yet. It will get better in the future hopefully. That's why it may look like we're "throwing up" contested shots to where other teams are able to run through their offense and get better shots. We're just not there yet.

Comment

http://media.www.sdsucollegian.com/m...epublisher.com
        In their last game, the men lost to North Dakota State University, 78-60. The Bison were on fire from the floor throughout the game, finishing 59.6 percent from the field, including hitting seven of 10 3-pointers.

The Jacks, led by freshman Kai Williams' 17 points, could not match the torrid shooting and the defensive pressure produced by the Bison.

"They just shot the heck out of the basketball. They just have some very good offensive players," said SDSU Head Coach Scott Nagy.

While the Jacks continue to struggle this season, Nagy worries that his team is nearing the point where they stop working hard.

"You get to a point where you don't really see the fruits of your labor. You don't mentally say to yourself, 'why would I be working this hard if I'm not going to see any fruits?' But it gets to that point, and I'm concerned for our basketball team that we could be to that point because we didn't have a good week of practice," Nagy said after the loss to NDSU.

Comment

Working...
        X