• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU

Jacks lose 78-60 Ouch!!

Comment

I have done some hard thinking and actually am optimistic about the team. I think Caddie, Garret and Kai are quality Div I starters. I also think it looks like we are getting Beran and Cordova back and if Engen improves and Mo or a similar player is recruited we have a good team (not great) next year.

The silver lining of this year is that the youth get to play and for the most part have shown well.

Comment

Hate getting pounded. And it's especially humiliating when it's NDSU. Always had that game down as a W when I was in school.

Comment

Hate to be bitching about attendance down here in Missouri. Know the women's game took several hundred NDSU fans out but low 4,000's doesn't cut it for a serious D1 program's biggest rival. Isn't that just a few hundred over what Northern State's average is.

I now believe that the student body has no interest in playing USD-- so that should be a major blow to future attendance. Still don't understand that one-- locker room turd stories not withstanding. Missouri and Kansas still play and the roots of that rivalry go back to the sack of Lawrence and John Brown cutting slaveholders into pieces.

I wasn't there and most of you were, so I shouldn't complain about it but low draws for quality programs like Utah State and major (and only) remaining rival NDSU isn't great.

Comment

Interesting forum software.

"Bitching" is allowed, but drop the "ing" and it's "bitch".
            [s]
            Beam[/s] clean me up Scotty.

Comment

Anbody have Nagy's post-game comments?

Comment

I think the wretched cold was a drag on attendance, but the crowd that was there was outstanding. The students were great tonight.

In his news conference, Nagy said we won't win any games... ever... with Cadwell and Callahan shut down like that. He praised Kai and Loney for their efforts. He said NDSU shot so well because they're a great shooting team and we're not tall enough. NDSU's defense shut down dribble penetration so they didn't have to switch much. Oh, and he praised his team's rebounding effort. When you shoot 35 percent and the opponent shoots 60, he said, you should get killed on the boards but we didn't. He also said they had a bad week of practice for whatever reason and that maybe his players are getting worn down a bit. But he did say he's impressed with their work effort in general. It's tough to get beat up and keep coming back for more, but these are special kids.

From where I sat, Kai Williams was terrific. Between their vaunted Andre Smith and our Kai Williams, Kai was easily the better player tonight. I'm just continually impressed with what an efficient player he is, and just how athletic he is. Kai was the best athlete on the floor tonight, and NDSU has some nice athletes.

Mackenzie Casey was great. Loney was great. But that's about it. I'm still optimistic. NDSU beat Marquette on the road. They're a very good team, and with our patched together bench, they should probably handle us. But the effort was 40 minutes again and you have to appreciate that.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled Jack
                  Hate to be bitching about attendance down here in Missouri. Know the women's game took several hundred NDSU fans out but low 4,000's doesn't cut it for a serious D1 program's biggest rival. Isn't that just a few hundred over what Northern State's average is.

I now believe that the student body has no interest in playing USD-- so that should be a major blow to future attendance. Still don't understand that one-- locker room turd stories not withstanding. Missouri and Kansas still play and the roots of that rivalry go back to the sack of Lawrence and John Brown cutting slaveholders into pieces.

I wasn't there and most of you were, so I shouldn't complain about it but low draws for quality programs like Utah State and major (and only) remaining rival NDSU isn't great.

The students were out in force tonight, and they were loud. It was -8 outside with a steady wind. I think some of our fan base was tempted to stay home and listen to Megan and her friends wallop the Bison in Fargo.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I thought the attendance would be higher than the 4,000 listed. It seemed like more people were there and that it was pretty full.
                    Even though we lost fairly bad, the SDSU didn't look too bad. I think the only real difference was patience. NDSU really seemed to execute their offence until they were able to find an open shot where as SDSU would come down and force up a bad shot after only 1 or 2 passes. As far as physical talent between the two teams they were pretty even, NDSU just executed and made their open shots.

Comment

• Re: NDSU

I was at the game and the final stats are now on the SDSU site. My thoughts:

1) NDSU has the Four Horseman; they scored 73 of their 78 points and were in for practically the whole game with the exception of Andre in the first half.
                      2) Second-half rebounding really hurt us.
                      3) Kai is our best player right now, without a question. He played the entire game and nearly had a double-double.
                      4) Loney had a solid game on the boards. Casey was a solid contributor and Frias had a great first half.
                      5) Where on Earth was Callahan tonight?
                      6) Really, how hurt is Cadwell right now? He was a liability for us on the floor tonight.
                      7) It seemed like NDSU had open shots all night long.......

This was a frustrating one to go through, particularly in the second half. I know that we should be able to narrow the gap with them next year, but it still doesn't take away all of the sting from tonight.....

Comment

Regarding the attendance, I'm not surprised that it was only slightly above 4,000. Why?
                        1) The bitter cold
                        2) Some fans either went to Fargo or stayed at home to listen to the WBB game.
                        3) Club hockey game at home against usd. :
                        4) Tonight was the last night of Capers.
                        5) Bull riding at the Swiftel Center.
                        6) 5-16 doesn't help draw fans. :'(

Neverthless, I was pleased that the student section was filling up long before the game started.

Comment

Well the Bison fans brought down cowbells and decided they wanted to ring them during the game silly lil Bison... :It would have been nice to see them thrown out.

Comment

This rivalry is a quite better than other rivalries in our past...Can't quite finger why. Maybe carrots and rabbits finding their way on the floor, but I could be wrong about that.

Comment

Tough to beat a team that shoots lights out. but Kia had another good game to bad matt could not do more tonight. i'm not that upset we did not get destroyed unlike the ndsu women.

Comment

We have been at NDSU for games where the NDSU band came and played behind the bench and under the basket. This is why the NCC put in the three rows rule to help protect the visiting team. None of us are lilly white.

Comment

Working...
                                X