Madison Recruits play in Volga Tonite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madison Recruits play in Volga Tonite

Not sure if this is the appropriate section to talk about this, but...

Madison plays at Sioux Valley tonight. Might be a good chance for some Brookings folks to see the two young players from Madison coming to State.

Should also be a decent game, with Madison at 17-1 and SV at 13-3.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Re: Madison Recruits play in Volga Tonite

I gotta pull for Sioux Valley in this one. My cousins husband is the head coach and one heck of a good guy. Ideally Fiegen and White will have monster games but Sioux Valley will win in the end. Just one guys wishes. Hopefully its a great game, gym should be packed.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

White and Fiegan are going to be good but when watching madison there not the reason madison is good. did that make any sense? Madison has a great players in Geditz, Weibe and there point guard forgot the name, White is good now but from what I saw I think Fiegan will have a greater upside. Both cut very well and with the offense madison runs, (alot of cuts and back doors) they are suited well for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
        I gotta pull for Sioux Valley in this one.  My cousins husband is the head coach and one heck of a good guy.  Ideally Fiegen and White will have monster games but Sioux Valley will win in the end.  Just one guys wishes.  Hopefully its a great game, gym should be packed.
        You put family over old Lake Central Conference rivalries?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
          You put family over old Lake Central Conference rivalries?
          Even worse Coach Vincent is an old DeSmet Bulldog (as you probably know). Age has really tempered my competitive edge. Use to have a pretty good rivalry with Madison, too.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Madison is an LCC member as well.

Madison, Deuel, Flandreu, Desmet, Hamlin, Clark, Arlington, and Sioux Valley.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

[quote author=jackmd link=1171046985/0#1 date=1171047255]I gotta pull for Sioux Valley in this one.  My cousins husband is the head coach and one heck of a good guy.  Ideally Fiegen and White will have monster games but Sioux Valley will win in the end.  Just one guys wishes.  Hopefully its a great game, gym should be packed.
              You put family over old Lake Central Conference rivalries? [/quote]

2002, you missed this part of the reference. At the time I was at Arlington, the LCC consisted of De Smet, Lake Preston, Arlington, Sioux Valley, Clear Lake, Howard, and Hamlin Co.

And I did forget Vincent was from De Smet, probalbly related to the hi-lited word above.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

GO COSSACKS!

GO JACKS!!

An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Gotta add my voice, Go Cossacks. Hope it's a great game. Halberstam (sp) where are you?

Comment

Pulling for the Bulldogs, two future Jacks and they used to be in the ESD.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
                      Correct me if I'm wrong, but Madison is an LCC member as well.

Madison, Deuel, Flandreu, Desmet, Hamlin, Clark, Arlington, and Sioux Valley.
                      Madison is in the Big 8(Big 4)

with West Central, Vermillion, and Lennox

Comment

[quote author=1stRowFANatic link=1171046985/0#3 date=1171052196][quote author=jackmd link=1171046985/0#1 date=1171047255]I gotta pull for Sioux Valley in this one.  My cousins husband is the head coach and one heck of a good guy.  Ideally Fiegen and White will have monster games but Sioux Valley will win in the end.  Just one guys wishes.  Hopefully its a great game, gym should be packed.

2002, you missed this part of the reference. At the time I was at Arlington, the LCC consisted of De Smet, Lake Preston, Arlington, Sioux Valley, Clear Lake, Howard, and Hamlin Co.

And I did forget Vincent was from De Smet, probalbly related to the hi-lited word above.[/quote]

It is just Hamlin ;D The people from Castlewood and Estelline get a little angry when Hamlin was ever called Hamlin Co. I never remember Lake Preston being part of it, must have been back quite awhile ago. Madison, I don't think has ever been in the LCC.

Comment

[quote author=1stRowFANatic link=1171046985/0#3 date=1171052196][quote author=jackmd link=1171046985/0#1 date=1171047255]I gotta pull for Sioux Valley in this one.  My cousins husband is the head coach and one heck of a good guy.  Ideally Fiegen and White will have monster games but Sioux Valley will win in the end.  Just one guys wishes.  Hopefully its a great game, gym should be packed.

And I did forget Vincent was from De Smet, probalbly related to the hi-lited word above.[/quote]
                          I remember when the LCC was Howard, DeSmet, Lake Preston, Arlington, Sioux Valley, Elkton, Willow Lake, Deubrook, and Clear lake. This was before those western Hamlin county towns consolidated.

Comment

From the Argus Leader:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...702100317/1002

MADISON 66, SIOUX VALLEY 41 in Volga - Chad White scored 19 points as the fourth-ranked Class A Bulldogs rose to 16-1. Robby Schaefer added 13 points and Brady Wiebe had 11.
                            For Sioux Valley (14-4), Dwight Pederson had 18 points.

Madison led 30-18 at halftime.

Madison hosts Canton tonight. The Cossacks host Castlewood on Tuesday.

Comment

I've been hearing other schools have started to take interest in Mr. White, UNI is one of them starting to notice him. Hopefully he will keep his verbal. It's a shame Cadsev was run off of her by someone's personal vendetta, he could have provided some more insight on what I have been hearing lately.

Comment

Working...
                              X