Southern Utah at Cedar City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Southern Utah at Cedar City

Down 6 with 15 sec left. Sargent at the line for 2.

Comment

Final:
      SUU 77, SDSU 71

Jacks still trying to get their first conference road... haven't won on a Thursday night in the Summit League.

SUU's Payne wasn't going to be stopped by anyone tonight. His stats for the game ought to be impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by rodrawks View Post
        What the crap is that when we shoot free throws??

I swear it sounds like all SUU fans are 11 year old girls at an NSYNC concert.
        They bussed in a bunch of 11-year-old girls so yeah, that's exactly what it was.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Back to the hotel room after the game . . .

The guys didn't play like they wanted the game, except in short spurts.

That sort of thing doesn't cut it in a conference--you need to bring maximum effort for the entire game. Southern Utah wanted this game more than we did, pure and simple. We beat ourselves with sloppy play and lack of hustle to the ball.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

In thinking about the game, I think early the Jacks had to adjust to the refs, which actually hurt them defensively the rest of the game, as they couldn't play SUU tight without getting whistled.

That having been said, I think every Jack who played tonight had one or more plays where they simply didn't execute well enough--either they didn't go hard enough after a loose ball, didn't throw a sharp enough pass, didn't play good defense, etc. and the cumulative effect of all of those misplays basically cost us the game.

I think my frustration (which I expect is shared by the coaches and players themselves) is that a lot of those errors are correctable--at least in hindsight.

We're really not that far away from winning a game on the road but the guys keep getting in their own way.

We've got one more shot on the road--in Kemper Arena on Saturday.

Jacks fans need to pile into their cars and head down I-29--the guys really need your help down in Kansas City. It'll be a party, and you're invited!

Go Rabbits!
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

See you there Filbert...let's help this team over the hump, and cheer the Jackrabbit women one game closer to a conference championship!! Hey, it's a Saturday night deal everybody...get on the road and c'mon down!!! GO JACKS!

Comment

I suppose at best its a feeling of consolation, but NDSU lost last night in Cedar City. That probably should not have happen either, but home court advantage seems to be terribly important in the Summit.

Comment

Working...
                X