Old rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old rosters

Seeing a bunch of the old players on the court last night really reminded me of a lot of memories of fun nights as a kid spent at frost.

Is there anywhere or does anyone have access to old rosters? (from the 90's) It'd be fun to look at and see what names I've forgotten over time.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Re: Old rosters

You can download the media guide on gojacks.com and it lists everyone that ever played basketball for SDSU.

Comment

Also on GoJacks.com, you can go to statistics and see all the old stats from the men's teams. They added it for women's basketball, baseball and softball a while back too. No football yet though

Comment

I don't understand why each player wasn't recognized at halftime?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          I think the whole crowd was waiting for them to announce each returning alumni. After the 1st set of alumni was announced their was a brief pause by the crowd before they starting clapping. I think each of us thought JT was going to procede in announcing their names.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Agreed. These past Jacks made the trip back for the game. They should have announced them. Nice to see some of the players I have watched but it would have been really nice to know who the older Jacks were so fans could put a name to the face of that player. Took me a while to come up with Greg Himler's name after seeing him on the court.
            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
              Agreed. These past Jacks made the trip back for the game. They should have announced them. Nice to see some of the players I have watched but it would have been really nice to know who the older Jacks were so fans could put a name to the face of that player. Took me a while to come up with Greg Himler's name after seeing him on the court.
              I played alot of ball with Himler in the spring when both teams had offseasons. His shot wasn't much to write home about, but man could he jump. He was living proof that some white man can jump. And a good guy.
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

The entire time he was in the game, you were always waiting for the breakaway from him. I agree his shot wasn't the best, but he was very athletic and worked hard on D.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                  I played alot of ball with Himler in the spring when both teams had offseasons. His shot wasn't much to write home about, but man could he jump. He was living proof that some white man can jump. And a good guy.
                  My personal favorite dunk by an SDSU player was Himler vs USD in Frost on a play on which he actually got called for traveling but took off from just inside the free throw line and went over top of a couple of USD players. Absolutely electrified the crowd even though it counted for zero points.
                  I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                    You are right. He could jump. But if it came to a jumper or a free throw, uh-uh. He could dunk it, though...

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                      My personal favorite dunk by an SDSU player was Himler vs USD in Frost on a play on which he actually got called for traveling but took off from just inside the free throw line and went over top of a couple of USD players. Absolutely electrified the crowd even though it counted for zero points.
                      My gosh, I was just going to post on this dunk. I couldn't remember who it was on, but I remember the dunk like it was yesterday. I was a very happy 14 year old boy after that play.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by rodrawks View Post
                        My gosh, I was just going to post on this dunk. I couldn't remember who it was on, but I remember the dunk like it was yesterday. I was a very happy 14 year old boy after that play.
                        I believe it was the same game and SDSU had put it away and he also did the two-hand back over the head in the closing minutes. I wish I was 14 when that game was played...

Comment

Working...
                        X