Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up everyone

Hey everyone.

I am a fan of the Southern Illinois University. I know alot of you are hoping to get into the Gateway for football.

I also know that North Dakota State tried to get into the Missouri Valley for basketball(and other sports). Sadly we werent looking to expand and probably wont be for a while. I was wondering if South Dakota State tried to get into the Valley as well? And how long your commitment to the Mid Con is?

Re: Whats up everyone

Welcome to the SDSU Jackrabbit forum. I'm not the best guy to answer your question, but I believe SDSU has showed interest at trying to get into the MVC as well. I'm sure someone with more information will fill you in shortly.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I remeber hearing something about how they talked to the conferance, like off the record like stuff and the conference said that Brookings and Fargo are too far away, and the conference wasn't currently looking for members. I also remember hearing how NDSU and SDSU were going to try to get into the same conference for traveling partners so if NDSU talked to the MVC im shure SDSU did also.

Comment

Welcome to the board, SalukiFan84.

The MVC has a lot of well-established D-I programs and two schools making the transition probably would not have a good fit for the MVC nor would it have been the best launching point for SDSU or NDSU in a competitive sense. Plus, the MVC is stable with ten schools, which is ideal for basketball scheduling. We're eager to start competing in the Mid-Con next season and will be looking forward to competing for tournament bids during the 2008-09 season.

I think that the MVC would be a possible home for SDSU and NDSU in the far-off future (likely beyond 2020).

Comment

All the schools in the Mid-Continent, along with the two new members (SDSU and NDSU) have had to sign a commitment to stay in the conference. I think it is for five years, although it could be as much as eight years. And there is a very large buy-out to break that covenent.

That's part of the program of the conference under Commissioner Douple, in aiming to stabalize the conference and build it into a top mid-major conference.

Comment

Yea, the valley has been a bloodbath this year. We are teetering on 2 bids due to Missouri State losing tonight.

I do see yall hung with UNI in Cedar Falls. Did anyone on this board make that trip?

Comment

Our men's basketball team is in a rebuilding phase. They have a few good nights, mixed in with alot of bad nights. We were a successful DII program, but we've had a great deal of bad luck (transfers, injuries, arrests) in the last couple of seasons. You've probably read all about it on our threads.

Our women's bb program is strong. We beat your women's team up here earlier this season. We are on pace to qualify for the WNIT and have an RPI in the 30's. We can't qualify for the big dance yet, because we our not through the transistional phase.

Comment

I have alot of respect for the two Dakota schools. Also heard UND and USD are both going to go D1 starting soon.

I have said this, and been laughed at, IMO NDSU can win the Mid Con its first year there...because by my estimation, they will have 5 senior starters(Moormann, Lunde, Winkelman, Nelson, and Woodside). Maybe by then you guys will have your program turned around as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SalukiFan84
                  I have alot of respect for the two Dakota schools.  Also heard UND and USD are both going to go D1 starting soon.

I have said this, and been laughed at, IMO NDSU can win the Mid Con its first year there...because by my estimation, they will have 5 senior starters(Moormann, Lunde, Winkelman, Nelson, and Woodside).  Maybe by then you guys will have your program turned around as well.
                  I think the xDSU's will help bring respect and calm to the MidCon.

Comment

Working...
                  X