Iupui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iupui

Now down to 8 with 2 to go. Still in it and now WE are heating up from the 3 point line - Could be too late though.

Comment

56-64, less embarrassing.

Comment

56-70 final. Another fade.

Comment

At least there was such a small crowd that there was no traffic, easy to get home. I'm not saying anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
            At least there was such a small crowd that there was no traffic, easy to get home. I'm not saying anything.

We shot FT's really well.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Well umm...1st half was decent to watch. Second half the refs (Bo Boroski, Jeff Malham, Trent Lovewell) seemed to fall in love with Hill. We shot free throws good as a plus. It seems Bassett, Cordova, and Mo got in Nagy's doghouse tonight by talking back to him. We shoot very poor from the field, which I guess shouldn't come as a surprise. Ron is a great coach, even came up to talk to me after the game. I think the team's confidence is long gone and they are running on fumes. Here's to Saturday night.

Comment

I still had fun at the game, I was abnormally loud most of the game, to the point it probably annoyed the 15 fans around me, including my father and brother. But it was fun, constantly cheering Lets go DEEEEEE Go Rabbits!, Lets go yellow! and hey bricker bricker bricker on their free throws. I probably should've gone down by BHM and crew.

It was also fun to watch Coach Hunter pace back and forth and back and forth and back and forth.

As for the game, the first half was great. The second half, I did like at least how we battled back from 19-20 down to 8 down...man that Hill guy was fast.

There were a couple questionable calls and non-calls, but they went both ways...Kai got away with a huge travel once.

Actually one of the funnest times I've had at a game this year.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Hill is an unbelievably talented offensive player. There are a couple of others on that roster who can create a shot any time as well. IUPUI just felt like a veteran team... you know what I'm talking about... the kinds of players who just know where to be on the floor and who know all the angles on the game. They're good and that zone is pretty tough to crack, with all those athletic players jumping into the passing lanes.

Everybody's sick of the inexperience angle on our team. But when you see a veteran team like IUPUI, you realize there's something about experience that just shows on the floor when a team needs a run or a stop.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                    Hill is an unbelievably talented offensive player. There are a couple of others on that roster who can create a shot any time as well. IUPUI just felt like a veteran team... you know what I'm talking about... the kinds of players who just know where to be on the floor and who know all the angles on the game. They're good and that zone is pretty tough to crack, with all those athletic players jumping into the passing lanes.

Everybody's sick of the inexperience angle on our team. But when you see a veteran team like IUPUI, you realize there's something about experience that just shows on the floor when a team needs a run or a stop.
                    I agree with all that. Hill only had 4 points with just over 10 minutes left in the game. He hit that very tough 3 , then just exploded... great player

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      I agree with all that. Hill only had 4 points with just over 10 minutes left in the game. He hit that very tough 3 , then just exploded... great player
                      What was even more impressive to me about Hill is the way he led his team on the floor. Getting after players for making mistakes, building them up on the way into the timeouts. Showing some intensity. He is a great leader and very talented. I wish we had somebody like that. Our guys didn't even listen to our coach during parts of last nights game, let alone somebody else on the floor.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Two comments: IUPUI is a mature (most kids 22 or older) team with a phenomenal player in Hill; the team is ranked #21 among mid-majors; and yet, we played them tough the first half, admittedly went into a funk when Hill hit a last-second three and then turned on the Hill show. We fought back but ran out of gas at the end as time grew short, but I don't believe we were embarrassed.

While I know Scott Nagy is a good coach, I don't think his treatment of his players is appropriate right now. When you are losing tough games night after night, and getting your rear chewed on every mistake, there comes a point where the player does indeed tune out. Scott said on the after-game show that he doesn't have any confidence in his bench players, so he has to play the starters. But he recruited those reserves, and he has to find a way to help them regain his confidence, and pulling them right after a mistake, and limiting their playing time doesn't seem to me to be working.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                          Two comments: IUPUI is a mature (most kids 22 or older) team with a phenomenal player in Hill; the team is ranked #21 among mid-majors; and yet, we played them tough the first half, admittedly went into a funk when Hill hit a last-second three and then turned on the Hill show. We fought back but ran out of gas at the end as time grew short, but I don't believe we were embarrassed.

While I know Scott Nagy is a good coach, I don't think his treatment of his players is appropriate right now. When you are losing tough games night after night, and getting your rear chewed on every mistake, there comes a point where the player does indeed tune out. Scott said on the after-game show that he doesn't have any confidence in his bench players, so he has to play the starters. But he recruited those reserves, and he has to find a way to help them regain his confidence, and pulling them right after a mistake, and limiting their playing time doesn't seem to me to be working.
                          Although i agree with most everything you just said, i sat near the bench last night, and i say 3 different players yell back right at Nagy. I don't care how he is treating his players........you can't have that.

Comment

I agree with you Jack Power, but wonder if some of that may come from the constant negativity they have faced this year. Having said that, I would agree completely if that led to benching for the night by the coach. I just hope all of this looks better in the light of day and we don't start melting down where transferring starts to look like an option for a player we would like to keep.

Comment

BHM. What did the 3 guys yell back about? Playing time?

Comment

Is the cycle repeating itself? Young team, things go south, coach gets frustrated, players get frustrated, players leave, new young players come in. This has happened for several years. Is Nagy recruiting the wrong type of kid? Don't think he can change his style - he's tried about everything he can over the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X