• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oakland

68-78 final.

Comment

Another result about I dont know what to think. Not apathetic but like a lot not one to be excited about. Am I and Rabbit Nation becoming indifferent? I hope not. Where were all the regular bloggers tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post
        Another result about I dont know what to think. Not apathetic but like a lot not one to be excited about. Am I and Rabbit Nation becoming indifferent? I hope not. Where were all the regular bloggers tonight?
        You really shouldn't drink and type

Comment

Just got back to the hotel from the game - - - we played even with a pretty good Oakland team at their place, except for that 4 or 5 minutes at the end of the first half where OU got the 10-point separation.

The guys played hard and stayed in it until the very end. On the post-game radio interview, OU's coach singled out the lack of consistent outside shooting as the big thing holding back the Jacks--he had lots of good words for our inside game though.

Nagy was on the guards all night to get up and guard Oakland's point guard tight--only Palarca seemed to do that with any consistency.

Not sure Cordova's got a good idea where he's supposed to be and what he's supposed to do on offense yet.

Coach Klinkefus' favorite word to shout is "switch!" We apparently don't do enough of it on defense. Coach Cunningham wasn't at the game--nobody we talked to knew for sure but those we talked to thought he might have had an illness or death in the family.

Still, while I wouldn't call it turning the corner, it was a good effort on the road against a good team. A year from now, with more experienced players, we might win this one.

Five of the last seven games are at home now. Time for the team to put some things together if they intend to make a move in the Summit League standings and avoid the basement. If the guys can do that, I'll be very encouraged going into next year.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

jack_power, amaybe you shouldnt drink and try to be funny, or sarcastic ow whatever the hell to you were trying to be.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post
              jack_power, amaybe you shouldnt drink and try to be funny, or sarcastic ow whatever the hell to you were trying to be.
              Now is when I remind people to play nice and address posts, not posters.

You have to admit, Rabbit_boy, that your immediately previous post probably wasn't your best ever effort.

And, jack_power, can you maybe see what rabbit_boy's point was? Seems to me he's saying that posting volume was way down for this game, especially from some of the regulars. Looks like a valid point to me.

Now . . . where's muh beer?
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I jumped on here quick to check the score, and posted a couple times on Terry's blog, but other than that, I didn't listen to the game...the wife and I were/are in the middle of a Prison Break marathon.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Road woes go on for SDSU men
                  Jacks struggle through loss to Oakland
                  By Terry Vandrovec
                  tvandrovec@argusleader.com
                  PUBLISHED: February 3, 2008

ROCHESTER, Mich. - South Dakota State took a different approach to preparation this week, enlisting players to help with everything from developing scouting reports to choosing restaurants.

While that autonomy may have played a role in keeping minds invested and scores close, it didn't pay off with any wins.

The Jackrabbit men fell 78-68 at Oakland before a crowd of 2,285 on Saturday night, their 10th loss in 11 road games this season.
                  But considering that prior to this week, SDSU (7-15, 2-9) had dropped its last three road games by 23, 28 and 27 points, a second consecutive 10-point defeat almost - almost - seemed like progress.

"We finally get our team to a point where we're competing and playing hard, but that's not enough. It's just not enough," said Jacks coach Scott Nagy, whose club has lost 11 games by 10 points or less and the rest by more than 20. "It's not enough to play hard. You have to be ready; you have to know your scouts. We're getting closer, but there's a reason we're losing games."

Senior forward Ben Beran didn't think so. He said that the team feels better about going home this time than it did after the previous two road trips. The change in routine had something to do with that.

"I think it's really positive for our team to stay involved and not shut it down," he said, "because this season is not over."

(read more)

Comment

Met Filbert this week at both the IPFW and Oakland games. His wife who was at the game with him told me about the site, so I figured I better join up.

I think we have 3-4 pretty good shooters, but like the Oakland coach said, consistency has been a problem. I am worried it could carry on as the long minutes may catch up to some of our younger players that have carried a heavy load.

Filbert, as you mentioned DC was not at the game in Oakland. I was told his grandmother passed away. My prayers go out to Coach Cunningham and his family.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFroshFan View Post
                      Met Filbert this week at both the IPFW and Oakland games. His wife who was at the game with him told me about the site, so I figured I better join up.

I think we have 3-4 pretty good shooters, but like the Oakland coach said, consistency has been a problem. I am worried it could carry on as the long minutes may catch up to some of our younger players that have carried a heavy load.

Filbert, as you mentioned DC was not at the game in Oakland. I was told his grandmother passed away. My prayers go out to Coach Cunningham and his family.

Welcome to the board!!

Go State!!!
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                      X