• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cal State Northridge

:'(

Comment

Sounded like Frias played his rear-end off. He has at least 6 steals to go with a good offensive effort. Too bad we couldn't close things out. Way to hang in there and give an effort until the very end. I can just see Loney battling for every board.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Encouraged by the close game to the end. Hope to see a few more good games at home before its over.

Comment

Cadwell 4 pts in 3 games.... that's a big blow to a short handed team.

Comment

Looks like we found another way to lose a close game. The trick now is to start learning how to switch that around and winning close games. If we coulda done that it would have been atleast a respectable season.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I was at the game and these are my observations.

1.  That was a very hard game to watch...45+ combined turnovers.  Yikes.
              2.  Our first half effort was pathetic.  2nd half we were much, much better.  
              3.  Kia was great tonight and Jose played his butt off (other than the free throw he airballed).  
              4.  That was by far the worst game I've ever seen Cadwell play in person.  His effort was poor to put it lightly and I believe that is why he sat the bench on the first half, not because of the 2 fouls.  His whining the last few games I've seen him play is getting old.  He's constantly looking for fouls and tonight when he had a breakaway layup he totally blew it and was just looking for a foul.  He made zero effort to just go to the hoop and try to make the contested layup.  
              5.  It was an exciting to see us in the game at the end.  Unfortunately we couldn't pull it out in the last possesion.

We've got a long ways to go before we can think we are going to be a .500 team next year.  I hope I'm proven wrong.

Comment

I feel awful about the game.........but, I really feel awful for Frias, Kai, and Loney. Those three played their hearts out, especially in the second half. (Kai and Frias played the entire second half and Loney only had a short breather.)

The only other comment I have is inspired by Simon and Garfunkel:

"Where have you gone, Matt Cadwell?
                Jackrabbit Nation turns its lonely eyes to you....."

Comment

Hip pointers are supposedly one of the most painful sports injuries to try to play with. They just don't heal without rest, and Cadwell hasn't had any rest at all.

I was taking Snookums out for a much-deserved birthday dinner, so I missed the game. I'm disappointed at the loss but heartened that the guys gave it a good effort---effort is all we as fans can ask of our student-athletes. Wins will come, eventually, if the effort stays high.

I'm looking forward to seeing the guys close out the season against the hated IPFW Mastadons (at least, I hate 'em) and the Highlanders of NJ Tech (who we owe some payback).

Go Rabbits!
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                    I feel awful about the game.........but, I really feel awful for Frias, Kai, and Loney. Those three played their hearts out, especially in the second half. (Kai and Frias played the entire second half and Loney only had a short breather.)

There were a little over 1500 people there. We were EASILY outdrawn by O'Gorman and Roosevelt girls basketball. Can we drop the "Jackrabbit Nation" thing until football starts? I understand it fits in the lyrics, and I agree with you, but....wow.

Comment

Originally posted by collegewatcher
                      [quote author=NightHawk78 link=1172002347/75#81 date=1172030351]I feel awful about the game.........but, I really feel awful for Frias, Kai, and Loney. Those three played their hearts out, especially in the second half. (Kai and Frias played the entire second half and Loney only had a short breather.)

There were a little over 1500 people there. We were EASILY outdrawn by O'Gorman and Roosevelt girls basketball. Can we drop the "Jackrabbit Nation" thing until football starts? I understand it fits in the lyrics, and I agree with you, but....wow.[/quote]

I'm in Kansas City, so is 89Rabbit. That's two states removed from South Dakota. There are posters on this board from coast to coast.
                      The Jackrabbit Nation is exactly that. You're welcome to try to come up with a better term that encompasses posters from California to Missouri to Florida (and, of course, South Dakota and the Upper Midwest as well).

SDSU has a national alumni base and a national following. Don't short-change that.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I believe that the term "Jackrabbit Nation" originated with the St. Joseph newspaper when the women's team won the D-II title there in 2003.

You will see and hear Jackrabbit Nation out in force Friday night when the women's team hosts NDSU.

Comment

Men's basketball, it's been kind of a downer this year.

Mmmmm... Spring ball, a little over a month away.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Ru+rMJjwHhA%3D
                            Beaten by one point for the second time in three weeks at Frost Arena, the South Dakota State University men's basketball team looked defeated standing at halfcourt Tuesday night, half-heartedly clapping along with the school song.

Thursday's 64-63 loss to Cal State Northridge before a crowd of 1,528 was the Jackrabbits' seventh in a row, the longest such streak in coach Scott Nagy's 12-year tenure and extended the school record for losses in a season to 22 - with three games to play.

"It just wears on you and you don't feel like competing any more," said SDSU true freshmen forward Kai Williams, who scored 19 points and made all five 3-point attempts, "but if we lay down and just lose and let teams walk over us, don't fight back, then that's not showing any character. For us to fight back, it's encouraging to know the guys still have life and they still want to see this thing through."

Certainly, the Jacks (5-22) showed signs of life, leading by as many as five after trailing the first 26-plus minutes and then erasing a four-point hole in the final 2:30. But they also showed signs of wear.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
                              I was at the game and these are my observations.

1. That was a very hard game to watch...45+ combined turnovers. Yikes.
                              2. Our first half effort was pathetic. 2nd half we were much, much better.
                              3. Kia was great tonight and Jose played his butt off (other than the free throw he airballed).
                              4. That was by far the worst game I've ever seen Cadwell play in person. His effort was poor to put it lightly and I believe that is why he sat the bench on the first half, not because of the 2 fouls. His whining the last few games I've seen him play is getting old. He's constantly looking for fouls and tonight when he had a breakaway layup he totally blew it and was just looking for a foul. He made zero effort to just go to the hoop and try to make the contested layup.
                              5. It was an exciting to see us in the game at the end. Unfortunately we couldn't pull it out in the last possesion.

We've got a long ways to go before we can think we are going to be a .500 team next year. I hope I'm proven wrong.

I agree with a lot of this.

I do have to say that it may be a bit early to start criticizing Cadwell. He is playing with an injury, can't get a call, and other teams are still keying on him.

Northridge is a decent team, and they played very tight defense all night long.

As far as going 500 next year, I think we are closer than all of us frustrated fans think:

Alabama A&M - 4pt loss
                              Arkansas St. -6 pt loss
                              Utah St - 6 pt loss
                              UMKC - 8 pt loss in overtime
                              Montana St - 3 pt loss
                              Idaho - 5 pt loss
                              Mid Tenn St - 1 pt loss
                              NJ Tech - 5 pt loss
                              Cal St Northridge - 1 pt loss

Thats 9 losses by a total of 39 points, for an average of 4 points per loss. Most of those games were decided not by the Jacks being outplayed for the entire game, but rather a 2-3 series stretch. 2 offensive sets and a defensive stop in each of these games gives us a win. The first step in building a successful program is to compete. We are competing night in and night out with schools similar to us. The next step will come next season when we start to win these close games.

Keep the faith, we have a solid core of returning players next year.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

We beat Arkansas St, Montana St and UMKC. Don't make it worse than it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X