Crowd Size in Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowd Size in Fargo

For those of you that have been up to Fargo for SDSU VS NDSU. What size crowd can we expect Friday?

Is it a pretty rowdy bunch? How does it compare to Frost in the present?

Re: Crowd Size in Fargo

Originally posted by ViciousCircle View Post
    For those of you that have been up to Fargo for SDSU VS NDSU. What size crowd can we expect Friday?

Is it a pretty rowdy bunch? How does it compare to Frost in the present?
    A full house. Or about 6500 as thats about all they can get in BAS. NDSU fans love to beat SDSU and beat us bad. I am not going but I doubt you would get very good tickets now. No doubt their students will be back and will be loud.

Comment

Thanks, Nidaros.. I am looking forward to seeing it for the first time.

Hopefully I will get to see the Jacks come out with a W...

Comment

Originally posted by ViciousCircle View Post
        Thanks, Nidaros.. I am looking forward to seeing it for the first time.

Hopefully I will get to see the Jacks come out with a W...
        I agree with Nidaros that it will be a near-capacity crowd. There is an SDSU section, and you may still be able to get tickets there by phone (call the SDSU ticket office to get an 800 number). We got our in there. This will be a tough place to win, but I know the Jacks will do their best. Tickets should be more easily available for Saturday night's women's game, but it will still be a boisterous Bison crowd.

Comment

If you're seeing the BSA for the first time you will not be impressed. Most people (even Bison fans) will tell you the place is a dump. That being said, when the place is full it's still a pretty fun place to watch a basketball game. Hope you have a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by NDSU grad View Post
            If you're seeing the BSA for the first time you will not be impressed. Most people (even Bison fans) will tell you the place is a dump. That being said, when the place is full it's still a pretty fun place to watch a basketball game. Hope you have a good time.
            When is the new addition to the Fargo Dome going to be ready for basketball?

Comment

Originally posted by NDSU grad View Post
              Pretty much sums it up for me. The Fargodome is a palace and the BSA is an outhouse. The crowd will make it a fun atmoshpere to watch a game in but the facility pretty poor. If you go, it will really help you realize how nice a facility we have in Frost Arena.

In years past, we have gone and been able to buy tickets at the last minute but that may have changed. There really isn't a bad seat in the house for seeing the game.

Not going to make it myself, I plan on settling into a tall, cool one at Cubby's! Say hi to to their mascot, "Buffalo Chip"!

Go Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

We were there last year at the game and you have to sit behind the bench of your team and the very loud fans are right beside you ofcourse it was fun, but we could not see the game as well, as we were sat down lower, the higher seats were also taken up by NDSU FANS.

It was very dark and dingy looking. Not nearly as nice as the Frost Arena.

We will not be there this year we are going to see Jamal play this weekend in an important game for him, in Winnipeg Manitoba.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                  I agree with Nidaros that it will be a near-capacity crowd. There is an SDSU section, and you may still be able to get tickets there by phone (call the SDSU ticket office to get an 800 number). We got our in there. This will be a tough place to win, but I know the Jacks will do their best. Tickets should be more easily available for Saturday night's women's game, but it will still be a boisterous Bison crowd.
                  I have to qualify my comments somewhat. Maybe two years ago, I called NDSU for tickets about 2 days before the games and the only back chair seats available were right behind the Student section and the person in ticket office warned me that they stand during the entire game and would probably block my view. I said thanks but no thanks I will listen on the radio. If anyone is going and does not have tickets, it would be worth a call to NDSU to get an uptodated status on ticket availablity. I think it would also be helpful to find out exactly were the seats are and will you be able to see anything. The BSA is only three years older than Frost. I think the late Stan Marshall learned a great deal about BSA and no doubt he saw some of the facilities short comings such as the lighting. Also the late Norm Hilson, WNAX voice of the Jacks used to complain about the lighting and being way from the court in the media press box. Norm was from Hopple North Dakota, btw.

Comment

Should be a full house, but it is also going to be on TV up here on channel 4 KXJB.

Comment

If you're going to Winnipeg, Mrs. W, I think you'd be able to catch the game on WNAX. It's about at the limit of 570's nighttime signal, but it should come in.
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                        If you're going to Winnipeg, Mrs. W, I think you'd be able to catch the game on WNAX. It's about at the limit of 570's nighttime signal, but it should come in.
                        Thanks we will listen if we can, Jamal plays at 8.00pm so we will take the laptop with us and maybe see what you all have to say about the game via that too. Jamal is playing Cam Hornby's University team the Wesmen.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          Not going to make it myself, I plan on settling into a tall, cool one at Cubby's!

SUPERBUNNY
                          Soo...you're saying Cubby's will have it on the tube then?
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I'm covering the house that weekend so the house will be listening like it or not. I really hope I can make it up the the dome this fall for FB, ticket or no ticket.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by rodrawks View Post
                              Soo...you're saying Cubby's will have it on the tube then?
                              The game is on local network TV, I don't know what would keep them from having it on?

I'll make a call and report back if the game isn't on.

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X