Southern Utah 1/19/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Utah 1/19/07

The T-Birds come to Frost Saturday with a star studded lineup featuring Superbad's own McLovin

I been waiting to start the thread for this game for a while now.

Re: Southern Utah 1/19/07

Good call on McLovin, bluehat.

For those of you who have not seen "Superbad"...well, it's the pretty typical leave-your-brain-at-home kind of humor BUT McLovin is a character that may be with us for a long time. That part was very funny.

I hope the students have a little fun with McLovin when he's on the court.

Comment

Southern Utah lost at Fargo Thursday: NDSU 75, SUU 54. The loss dropped SUU to 4-13 for the season, 2-4 in the Summit League.

NDSU had caps on the baskets: the Thunderbirds made only 17 field goals, 35% accuracy, both season lows for the team. Leading scorer was Geoff Payne with 14 points and seven rebounds.

Comment

SUU's McLovin clone is guard Mike Josserand. Josserand played 26 minutes in Fargo, scoring six points ... not too bad if you consider the distraction of the crowd at the BSA calling him McLovin throughout the game.

I hope we can hear some good-natured teasing in Frost Saturday night. The McLovin movie character has attained near-hero status on college campuses.

Comment

This might be rude to ask of so forgive it this offends any.

But anyone who has seen Superbad should bring a poster with their favorite McLovin Quote and a picture of McLovin to Frost on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            SUU's McLovin clone is guard Mike Josserand. Josserand played 26 minutes in Fargo, scoring six points ... not too bad if you consider the distraction of the crowd at the BSA calling him McLovin throughout the game.

I hope we can hear some good-natured teasing in Frost Saturday night. The McLovin movie character has attained near-hero status on college campuses.
            McLovin didn't score until really late in the game so he got a nice ovation from the student section when it finally happed. It was a great time though, the students did a good job keeping their teasing good natured.

Also be sure to destroy SUU, their coach gave Saul an earful for running up the score and I'd love for you guys to show him just what running up the score looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
              McLovin didn't score until really late in the game so he got a nice ovation from the student section when it finally happed. It was a great time though, the students did a good job keeping their teasing good natured.

Also be sure to destroy SUU, their coach gave Saul an earful for running up the score and I'd love for you guys to show him just what running up the score looks like.
              Running up the score??? I didn't see the game but that isn't the first thought that came to my head when the margin of victory was around 20 points.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                Running up the score??? I didn't see the game but that isn't the first thought that came to my head when the margin of victory was around 20 points.
                We won by 21 and had right around a 20 point lead for the last 11 minutes of the game. Nobody knows why he would think that, Saul even went over to where their team walks off the court to talk to him again.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                  SUU is a joke.

Recall all the unsportsmanlike penalties on their football team over the last few years... a reflection of a coach (now fired) who was a bigtime jerk. Now this from their basketball coach. Totally ridiculous. I hope we beat them by 50.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

This is a game I think we should win. I think the Jacks are going to meet my expectations and sweep the birds tonight.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      This is a game I think we should win. I think the Jacks are going to meet my expectations and sweep the birds tonight.
                      I'm going to go ahead and say we will win this game. It may be by 2 or 22, but we will this game.

Comment

Two minutes, no points.

Comment

...but Sargent nabs a 3 at 17:55

Comment

Callahan for three. Jacks draw first blood. Keep making T'bird bleed.

Comment

6-5 with three three out of four.

Just under 17 left in qst half.

Comment

Working...
                              X