UMKC in Frost, 1/17/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMKC in Frost, 1/17/07

The Kangaroos of UMKC come to Frost Arena Thursday. The 'Roos picked up their first Summit League victory Saturday, 63-60 over Southern Utah.

Re: UMKC in Frost, 1/17/07

Looking forward to it...see you all there all 3,000 of you I hope

Comment

I'm sure we'll see a more confident team back at home. We taped Coach Nagy's show today, and he said he's not sure why players (particularly young players) are more confident at home. The baskets are 10 feet. The court is the same size. But it's a fact that players play with more energy and confidence at home.

Coach Nagy says (and I believe him since he has forgotten more about basketball today than I will ever know) that this team is talented enough but sometimes doesn't play with confidence and toughness.

That's where we come in. Let's have a nice crowd there to help give these young men the energy and confidence they need.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

http://www.umkckangaroos.com/SportSe...99&SPSID=89987

I see the game will be on TV for our fans in K.C.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
          http://www.umkckangaroos.com/SportSe...99&SPSID=89987

I see the game will be on TV for our fans in K.C.
          Yup, picked up by MetroSports, a cable-only, KC-metro-only channel. As Snookums said: "If it's going to be on TV, why are we driving six hours to Brookings?"

I'm pretty sure she wasn't serious.

Anyway, a chance to show the fine folks in Kansas City how Jackrabbits support our basketball team. There's braggin' rights on the line here.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Last nights game is over, time to start thinking about Thursday nights game at the Frost. Decided I am going up even though it is a weeknight game. We need to make a real effort to get there and support the Jacks. See you there...

Comment

Jack4Life: no stopping at Charlie's Pizza on the day of the game.

Comment

Every single remaining game is winnable. Every single remaining game is losable.

To win consistently requires a consistent level of intensity that we have not yet seen from our guys.

When we do see the right level of intensity, we also see that our guys definitely have the athletic ability to compete in the conference.

It's all a matter of attitude at this point. Winners find a way to win. Losers find a way to lose.

Nice crowds on Thursday and Saturday would go a long way towards establishing the right attitude--especially against the two teams that look like the ones that will battle with SDSU to avoid the basement of the conference.

It's a big weekend. We need a sweep.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  Jack4Life: no stopping at Charlie's Pizza on the day of the game.
                  Not if I want to stay in my seat and watch the whole thing. You know what happens when you get older and drink a few beers.
                  Last edited by Jack4Life; 01-15-2008, 11:51 AM.

Comment

See you all there don't let the weather hold you back we won't it's only -32 here
                    Hope it's warmer there

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post
                      See you all there don't let the weather hold you back we won't it's only -32 here
                      Hope it's warmer there
                      Leave your jackets at home. It is only supposed to be -10 Friday morning. You'll think your at the beach.

Comment

LOL t shirt weather for Saskatchewans that !!!!!!!!

Comment

Coverage from Kansas City:
                          Despite woes, UMKC confident on the road
                          In the game against Southern Utah, the Kangaroos finally executed plays down the stretch and pulled out a close game.
                          That wasn’t the case in the first four conference games. Those losses have buried UMKC, 6-12 overall and 1-4 in the Summit, along with South Dakota State, 6-11 and 1-5 — making this matchup the Basement Bowl.
                          Missouri Valley, Summit League roundup
                          Power rankings

Team Record Comment
                          1. Oral Roberts (1) 10-5 Amazing job of staying at the top
                          2. IUPUI (2) 13-3 Can take control of league tonight
                          3. Western Illinois (8) 8-8 Thomas finally toughened Leathernecks
                          4. Oakland (4) 9-8 Devastating home loss to Oral Roberts
                          5. Fort Wayne (7) 6-11 Newcomer holding steady
                          6. North Dakota State (3) 8-9 Hugely disappointing season
                          7. UMKC (10) 6-12 First league win, ready to roll
                          8. Centenary (5) 7-10 Rapidly sinking to customary spot
                          9. Southern Utah (6) 4-12 Should only beat bottom-tier teams
                          10. South Dakota State (9) 6-11 Jackrabbits lack hops Last week’s rankings in parentheses
                          UMKC at South Dakota State notes and lineup
                          •BOTTOM LINE: At some point UMKC will start winning road games. This is the perfect time and opponent for the Kangaroos to start winning away from Kansas City.
                          Jacks need to pull it together and put the Roos in their proper place--below SDSU in the standings.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

You know, Iowa uses a phrase in some of their road reports that I really don't like to see:

towing services prohibited.

Unless that goes away by about 10 am this morning, Snookums and I are a no-go on making the trip to Frost Arena for the UMKC game. With luck road conditions will improve and we'll be able to get up there, but if not, we're counting on all y'all to yell extra loud tonight (in a positive and sportsmanlike manner, of course!) .

And since the game's on TV down here in KC, we'll be watching--we know who you are, and we'll be taking notes. We expect an A-level effort from y'all fans, if we can't make it. (We expect the same effort, of course, even if we do make it!)
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

My wife and I were not planning on attending but with Filbert waffling, we're committing. We'll be loud.

By the way, everyone should move north. It's a pretty day in Watertown and the 40 minute drive to Brookings is expected to be problem free.

Comment

Working...
                              X