At IUPUI-Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: At IUPUI-Men

Interesting results thus far this week. Maybe the second half will be better.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

First part of the half we played really well but then we scored 1 point in the last 8-10 minutes in the half. Yucky!

Comment

We shot 19% in the first half

Comment

Well good luck in the 2nd half...more shooting...... less passing....

Comment

This is turning into a rough road trip. On the up side, this game is probably the toughest one left on the Jacks schedule, and it's soon over. What's with the IUPUI's crackerbox gym? It sounds like a school with 30,000 students is playing its games in a gym that YMCA teams would complain about.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              This is turning into a rough road trip. On the up side, this game is probably the toughest one left on the Jacks schedule, and it's soon over. What's with the IUPUI's crackerbox gym? It sounds like a school with 30,000 students is playing its games in a gym that YMCA teams would complain about.
              No kidding, thats not even a good high school gym

Comment

This is a little embarrassing, but I'm sure it is worse for the players. We have to remember this is still a step up from last year. Things are getting better.
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Well, better than last year ... but it wasn't going to be worse. You can tell it's a bad night when we've taken to talking about our gym being better. Ick.
                  Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I listened, didn't watch. I'm ready for the next game.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'll try to muster up some positives :

A.C. played well in the second half
                      Thomas gave us some good minutes
                      Clint played some great defense on POY Hill
                      Steve does a wonderful job broadcasting the games
                      It's over

Thats all i got

Comment

One thing I keep thinking of is that winning on the road is one of the last things a young team masters.

We've obviously got a long ways to go. There were times when it sure looked like either our players didn't know what they were supposed to do on offense, or they were too timid to actually go and do it. That's gotta change, either the players have to figure it out and get more aggressive on offense (on and off the ball), or the coaches need to adjust things and make the game simpler for the players. I'm not smart enough to know which . . .

As far as the refereeing . . . frankly, we played too badly to make the refereeing an issue. I don't know if it was a well-refereed game because it was so poorly played by the Jacks.

On to UMKC in Brookings. Beat the Kangaroos!
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Just logged on and I had to go to Terry's blog to find out how bad it was. Wow. Sounds worse than Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            One thing I keep thinking of is that winning on the road is one of the last things a young team masters.
                            It's not being helped by a home crowd but the last two games were played to such a small audience that I can't imagine there's a tremendous home court advantage. Were there any NCC teams that drew like this?

Comment

Morningside???

Yeah, the new teams people aren't excited about yet. Nope. And the level of play in the past two games won't help at all.
                              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                                It's not being helped by a home crowd but the last two games were played to such a small audience that I can't imagine there's a tremendous home court advantage. Were there any NCC teams that drew like this?
                                Trust me . . . after having been to three of the ten other Summit League schools so far . . . SDSU's fan support is really exceptionally good. It's a measure of how remarkable SDSU's fan base is that we are so bitterly disappointed with attendance numbers that most of our new conference-mates would KILL to have.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X