At Western Illinois, Jan 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At Western Illinois, Jan 10

The Jackrabbits travel to Macomb, IL to take on the Leathernecks...game time is 7 p.m. WIU, 6-8 overall and 1-2 in the Summit League, beat UMKC 69-62 Saturday night at Kansas City.
    Here's a link to their Athletic Website's story on the UMKC win:

http://www.wiuathletics.com/ViewArti...ATCLID=1363985

Re: At Western Illinois, Jan 10

I am really looking forward to seeing the guys play Thursday. Hopefully the weather will hold up, I know alot of the Senece fan base would like to come and see either this game or the one on Sat. in Indiana. I know that this is a big game for them, and Garrett has alot of family and friends coming! Keep it up guys, I love watching you play, and I know you've got what it takes to win!!! Show Western just how good you are!! GOOOOO JackSSSSSSS

Comment

Hi Karen we missed you at the last game you know....Garrett is playing really well they are all coming together as a team, and they are a nice bunch of kids, just a little trivia for you here, we now have 3 boys on the team all with mom's named Karen

Comment

Just some thoughts from afar. I am not signed up for Summit TV I just follow the stats and read what you folks who attend the games have to say. However, that being said there is a part of me that is not that upset with some of these close losses. Don't get me wrong, ideally we would like to be undefeated but let's be logical here. What a great athletic education these kids are getting this year when they still are not eligible for post season play. The refs are getting to know their games and their abilities. When Kai and Garrett are seniors and Moss and Sargeant are juniors two years from now think of all the experience they will have gleaned. Yes, there could be injuries or tranfers but let's be honest, when these guys, own mothers, are showing as much or more excitement on this board as the SDSU alums it makes me think their sons might just be happy in Brookings, with some real goals that all of us would like to see achieved. What a great time to be an alum from SDSU and for the rest of us who are more casual fans. We need to continue to get some good recruits, but I am really looking forward to two years from now. That is when I see a real possibility of making the big dance and the biggest sporting event to EVER hit South Dakota. Getting there next year would be even better.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
          Yes, there could be injuries or tranfers but let's be honest, when these guys, own mothers, are showing as much or more excitement on this board as the SDSU alums it makes me think their sons might just be happy in Brookings, with some real goals that all of us would like to see achieved. What a great time to be an alum from SDSU and for the rest of us who are more casual fans.

Thanks for the reality check...it is great to see these Moms have the interest they do in the Jacks. Could not be prouder myself!

What a great time to be a Jackrabbit.

Comment

Couldn't make the last couple of games. I became a grandma for the 1st time on Dec. 18th and they are also moving into a house they built, plus Conlan still had a game. I listen to it on the radio though, it's kinda funny, we all sit around the computer and eat supper!! Once in a while I get upset and yell at it and some food goes flying, oh well. I try to make less messy things to eat on game night, just for that reason!!!! We will be at Western, and at IPEW on Sat. to cheer the team on. They can do it!! PLAY HARD AND FINISH STRONG, Guys.
            WE LOVE YA

Comment

Originally posted by bbalggc View Post
              PLAY HARD AND FINISH STRONG, Guys.
              That's good advice right there.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by bbalggc View Post
                Couldn't make the last couple of games. I became a grandma for the 1st time on Dec. 18th and they are also moving into a house they built, plus Conlan still had a game. I listen to it on the radio though, it's kinda funny, we all sit around the computer and eat supper!! Once in a while I get upset and yell at it and some food goes flying, oh well. I try to make less messy things to eat on game night, just for that reason!!!! We will be at Western, and at IPEW on Sat. to cheer the team on. They can do it!! PLAY HARD AND FINISH STRONG, Guys.
                WE LOVE YA
                Make sure you go to Indianapolis (IUPUI) on Saturday, not Ft. Wayne (IPFW). . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Gotcha, and thanks..............don't forget the time change!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    Make sure you go to Indianapolis (IUPUI) on Saturday, not Ft. Wayne (IPFW). . .
                    If you do go to Indy, their is an Alumni/SDSU fans gathering before the games:

http://www.statealum.com/s/357/index...=13&calcid=685

Indianapolis, IN--SDSU Basketball Double Header Pre-Game Rally

Event Description - Indianapolis, IN--SDSU Basketball Double Header Pre-Game Rally

Show your support for the Jacks' on January 12, as the Women’s and Men’s Basketball teams compete in a double-header against the IUPUI.

It all starts at 2:30 pm at “Our Den” (only blocks away from the game) where you can join fellow alumni and fans for a “No-host” pre-game rally. It’s sure to get you into the Jackrabbit spirit! Food and drinks are on your own.

Tip-off for the Women’s game is at 4:30 pm followed by the Men at 7:00 pm .

Game tickets are $10 . Call the IUPUI Athletics Office at 317-274-5453 to get your game tickets. Be sure to ask for the SDSU section.

Our Den (located inside the University Place Conference Center and Hotel)
                    850 W. Michigan St.
                    Indianapolis, IN 46202-5198
                    317-231-5226

IUPUI Gymnasium
                    (located inside the IU Natatorium)
                    At the corner of University Boulevard and New York Street
                    901 W New York St
                    Indianapolis, IN 46202-5224

If you have any questions, contact the SDSU Alumni Association: 888-SD-JACKS (735-2257) or statealum.com

Go State!

Comment

Here's the pre-game notes on the Western Illinois site, talking up tonight's game with SDSU and the Saturday night game with NDSU.

http://www.wiuathletics.com/ViewArti...ATCLID=1364603

Comment

Let's go men. This is a big one. You know Saturday night is going to be tough at IUPUI's house, so it makes this one even more important.
                        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

How much longer till game time ?? anyone??

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post
                            How much longer till game time ?? anyone??
                            I believe its a 7 pm tip CST. That means about 35 minutes. Steve should be on WNAX in about 10 minutes.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Thankyou very much

Comment

Working...
                              X