Thanks to the Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to the Team

Players & Coaches - this is one fan who has heard enough from the fans that have indicated how we didn't do this as a team or an individual didn't do that - it's time for the rest of the story

THANK YOU FOR:
    the past 6+ months of your life that you just devoted to SDSU basketball, including giving up the holidays with your families & friends
    for all your hard work and your desire to compete
    for representing SDSU and serving as role models to our youth
    for realizing how much of a life's lesson you just experienced (listen to Jose's post game interview if you don't believe me)
    for your fortitude for standing at half court after the loss of a game showing your appreciation to the fans - even after the fans earlier in the night chanted a cheer for a womans player
    for carrying the expectations of success (yours and ours) on your shoulders
    for handling disappointment as men when most of you are still teenagers and
    for being being you

Thanks for sharing your life with us!!!

Re: Thanks to the Team

Nice work Hoosier.  A form of this should be posted as a front page reminder for all to read before we post.

for your fortitude for standing at half court after the loss of a game showing your appreciation to the fans - even after the fans earlier in the night chanted a cheer for a womans player
    :'(
    I hope that wasn't you bluehat

"The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierRabbit
      Players & Coaches - this is one fan who has heard enough from the fans that have indicated how we didn't do this as a team or an individual didn't do that - it's time for the rest of the story

THANK YOU FOR:
      the past 6+ months of your life that you just devoted to SDSU basketball, including giving up the holidays with your families & friends
      for realizing how much of a life's lesson you just experienced (listen to Jose's post game interview if you don't believe me)
      for being being you

Well said and wholeheartily agree. After last nights game, I'm proud of the team/coaches and proud to be a part as a fan.

Comment

I know there wasn't a chant last night. I believe it was the Northridge game in which Megan Vogel was shown on the video screen and some fans to my left started the chant. Nighthawk78 on the other hand was in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierRabbit

THANK YOU FOR:
          for being being you

Couldn't have said it better myself. I would add only one thing and that is to takes life's lessons and learn. Sometimes perspective is lost in the fight to be what others might expect of you, when all you can be is your best. This is especially true when your best isn't quite good enough for some.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
            I know there wasn't a chant last night. I believe it was the Northridge game in which Megan Vogel was shown on the video screen and some fans to my left started the chant. Nighthawk78 on the other hand was in the area.
            :-? >I didn't know that this was turning into a "let's-smack-the-other-members" board. :-? >

I'm certain that chant was not meant to disrespect the men's team. The "incident" occurred during a media timeout and some fans simply wanted to expressive their appreciation for Vogel (and her support of the men's team). No one ever griped when the student section chanted "Peggy Miller" over the past year before she retired.

As to the main thread, thank you to those players and coaches who did not give up this season even though that would have been the easy way out. Best wishes for a great off-season and hope to see a great team next fall. Go Jacks!

Comment

I'd like to thank all the players/staff for their efforts. I'm looking forward to next year. Let's focus on becoming a dominant force in the Mid-Con.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
              X