U Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U Denver

U of Denver has improved over last year so this could be a game that may take effort.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/SportS...77&SPSID=90277

They have an early season win over Wyoming and split with Northern Colorado. Also have an Aussie on the roster named Tanner 6'8. They lost to CSU which lost to NDSU Saturday. Our chances are good, but this is definitely one game we can not take lightly.

Re: U Denver

There is NOT a single game on our schedule that we can take lightly from here on out. We just aren't that good yet.
    Last edited by BTownJack; 12-18-2007, 12:28 AM. Reason: Forgot "not"

Comment

I agree BUT I do think that they are better than last year.

Comment

Some of the related articles I read doing a google to find their Denver U website, they had several season ending injuries and finished the season with nine players. Also they made a coaching change and Coach Scott is in his first year. He was an assistant at Princeton before coming to Denver.

I also took some time to look at Northern Colorado's web and they have won as many games as SDSU has and maybe one more. They also made a coaching change and Coach Rasumssen who some of us may remember from NCC D2 days was reassigned. The new coach was an assistant at Witchta and he has turned them around also. So if we played UNC, it might be a tougher contest than one would think

U of D has some height on the roster so this should be a game that is winnable, but not a sure thing.

Comment

Not to be picky, but Joe Scott was the head coach at Princeton before being hired at DU (he was an asst at Princeton for years also). Prior to leading Princeton, he was head coach at Air Force. He is the coach who turned the AF program around. It is the talent brought in by Scott which Jeff Bzdelick (sp?) used to build AF into a force in the Mountain West eventually landing Bzdelick at CU. Scott is a solid coach and his teams can be difficult to play due to the style. This will not be a pretty game.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            There is a single game on our schedule that we can take lightly from here on out. We just aren't that good yet.
            You know I agree with you on this point. Should be a good game.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
              Not to be picky, but Joe Scott was the head coach at Princeton before being hired at DU (he was an asst at Princeton for years also). Prior to leading Princeton, he was head coach at Air Force. He is the coach who turned the AF program around. It is the talent brought in by Scott which Jeff Bzdelick (sp?) used to build AF into a force in the Mountain West eventually landing Bzdelick at CU. Scott is a solid coach and his teams can be difficult to play due to the style. This will not be a pretty game.
              Thanks I did not read the article very closely, but no doubt he is a good coach and this should be a game to watch. I dont think its a cupcake.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                You know I agree with you on this point. Should be a good game.
                Thanks JackMD and I edited my post to include "not a single game on our schedule."

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post
                I agree BUT I do think that they are better than last year.
                I agree Mrs. Williams, we are much better this year but not to the point where we can confidently come in and expect to win against a D-I team. I think the next 3 games against some lesser opponents will help identify how far this team has come and what their chances are getting into the meat of the conference schedule.

Comment

Audio up on gojacks.com

Comment

SDSU 17, Denver 17
                    8:00 to go in the first half

Comment

Beran has been having trouble staying on the court recently....has 2 fouls again in the first half.

Comment

Loney for two
                        SDSU 27, Denver 21
                        4:22 to go

Comment

Denver in a run catches back up to the Jackrabbits...
                          1:00 to go
                          SDSU up by one

Comment

Jacks by one....McNally of Denver fouls--not a shooting foul...so, time out, 6.9 seconds to go in the half, SDSU 27, Denver 26

Comment

Kai hits a big three from the corner and the buzzer sounds! Kai is 4/4 from 3pt range.
                              SDSU 30, Denver 26.

Comment

Working...
                              X