Jackrabbits v. Idaho in Frost, Dec 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbits v. Idaho in Frost, Dec 15

Didn't we just see these guys? Yep, SDSU 76, Idaho 58, November 28, 2007, Moscow, ID.

The Vandals come to Frost with a 2-6 record, having recorded wins over NAIA Cascade College (November 9: 110-52) and Big Sky Conference member Eastern Washington (December 9: 58-49). [Is the 9th of the month the lucky day for the Vandals?]

Tipoff: 7:00 p.m. Get there early to get a seat, the place is going to sell out (each fan attending the game will be given a new, Yellow and Blue Harley Davidson*).

*Okay, I made that last part up. BUT, I hope the place is rocking. The JACKS ARE BACK and now the fans need to get Frost Back!

Re: Jackrabbits v. Idaho in Frost, Dec 15

I am excited. This is going to be my first viewing of the team this year. I am really looking forward to yelling a bit on Saturday night!
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

[QUOTE=JackJD;73499]Tipoff: 7:00 p.m. Get there early to get a seat, the place is going to sell out (each fan attending the game will be given a new, Yellow and Blue Harley Davidson*).

QUOTE]

College daughters birthday that day. Wife and I coming up early to take her and sounds like half her floor down to Cubbies for early supper. Then to game. Got a little concerned after last nights game, so I got tickets at will call. Hope it is a huge crowd.

See ya there, Old Timer!

Comment

Rich and Jamal will be there

Comment

I will make my 22 mile journey to be at Frost. Coach Nagy is not dancing or thrilled about a moral victory about our close loss to U OF M, but I think he is saying that as a motivation tool for the team. I never expected to finnish to be within 20, and a 30 pt margin did not seem out of the question either, but I was proven wrong. Our post people played great and maybe outplayed Minn. Lets hope this part of the game continues and gets better.

The posters who have mentioned confidence building, are very correct, but our team does need to learn how to finish close games. I think they will do that. They had to be playing as a unit to get that close to the GGophers.

As Coach Cunningham said on WNAX inid on the post game show, they were not about to overlook Idaho. A win over Eastern Washington by Idaho is worth noting by. Since the former NDSU coach left, they might be down a little, but I doubt they are not that bad that Idaho could beat them. Also Eastern made it to the big dance not too long ago, so that win no doubt help bring the confidence of Idaho up. Should be a very good game.

I think Idaho and U Denver are two games needed at the right time in our schedule. Wins will help pick up the confidence and bring team work to a newer level.

Slowly but surely this team is going to improve and improve...

Comment

Should be a decent crowd Saturday night. Not very many students should be going home, and many may need to unwind from their studies. I know I will be there, and I'm bringing the entire gang!

Comment

My wife and I try to attend all of the high school home games and this year Watertown has a fun and exciting team. Tonight the Arrows host Brandon Valley but the Jackrabbits are at home against Idaho. I think the following offer of compromise convinced my wife (didn't take a huge amount of convicing) to make the drive to Brookings: We can watch Brandon Valley (former) star Dale Moss play basketball in Frost Arena.

There's potential for the largest home crowd in a while. I hope Frost is rocking and we see some of the same type of play that occured at Minnesota, against UNI, against Idaho the first time and at times, against Montana. If the pieces are all in place, it'll be a great game.

Comment

Some pre-game study suggestions:

Idaho's website report of the last game between SDSU and Idaho in Moscow 11/27/07:

http://www.govandals.com/ViewArticle...ATCLID=1329425

Idaho's website game notes for tonight's game in Brookings:
                http://www.govandals.com/pdf6/100375...B_OEM_ID=17100

Pre-game article in today's Moscow/Pullman Daily News about tonight's game (You have to sign up for an account to read the full article... go to http://www.dnews.com/Sports/

Idaho men finally have some momentum
                A little more than eight seconds is all that's separating the Idaho men's basketball team from a season that's started like so many of its predecessors and one that has the makings of something special.
                The Vandals are 2-6 with a game at a tough South Dakota State squad on tap for tonight. Two of Idaho's last four losses were by a combined three points and both were decided in the waning seconds.

Comment

Remember No Terry V. live blog tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                    Remember No Terry V. live blog tonight.
                    I'm not sure where you get your info, but Terry is in Brookings. And if he's in Brookings, I'm betting there's a live blog.

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make the game, but I did convince my dad and brother to go, so that's gotta count for something. You can bet I'll be sitting right here with it on the radio though.

Hopefully there is a good crowd though. These guys deserve it.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Jacks lose lead for first time: 5-6

Comment

What's with all the fouls?

Comment

Originally posted by ivandrago View Post
                            I'm not sure where you get your info, but Terry is in Brookings. And if he's in Brookings, I'm betting there's a live blog.
                            Wherever it came from, it appears to be correct.
                            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Just tuning in...did I hear correct, the Jacks have SIXTEEN fouls 9 minutes in?

WTH?
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                              X