NJIT - Final Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJIT - Final Game

Well this is it, the final game of what has been a very very long season. The good news is we have some very talented young players and they had a chance to play a ton this year (which will pay off when they are older). The bad news is that with so many young players being asked to play so much it has been a less then stellar season.

It is never fun to lose and I don’t think any of us as fans have experienced a season like this before, but in the end if we were going to have a season like we have had this was not a bad time to do it. Next year we join the Mid-Con and the year after that (when most of our very talented and young players will be upper classmen) we will be NCAA post season eligible. Let's send Andy and Jose off with a win and then put this season behind us and look to the future!

Go Jackrabbits beat the Highlanders!

Go State!

Re: NJIT - Final Game

Originally posted by 89rabbit
    Well this is it, the final game of what has been a very very long season.  The good news is we have some very talented young players and they had a chance to play a ton this year (which will pay off when they are older).  The bad news is that with so many young players being asked to play so much it has been a less then stellar season.

It is never fun to lose and I don’t think any of us as fans have experienced a season like this before, but in the end if we were going to have a season like we have had this was not a bad time to do it.  Next year we join the Mid-Con and the year after that (when most of our very talented and young players will be upper classmen) we will be NCAA post season eligible.  Let's send Andy and Jose off with a win and then put this season behind us and look to the future!

Go Jackrabbits beat the Highlanders!

Go State!  
    Our guys need to go into this game without no stress. Just come out and have fun. It will be the last chance for the young guys to play with Jose and Andy and they need to enjoy the experience. I would love to see the Freshman have another big game. Ending the year on a win would be nice but I really just want to hear a great effort. I'm working this weekend so I can't attend. I hope the Williams family makes it down from Rugby. We might need to send a rescue caravan.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Okay what other route is there into Brookings???

We are leaving tomorrow morning...........we think we could have easily got into Fargo today but according to the weather on TV no travel was advised after the North Dakota Border.......

Comment

Where are you at now?
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

I-29 is still closed through the whole state. As hard as it is to say, it would be safe to travel into SD at this point, regardless of what route you take. If one road is going to open up first, it is going to be the interstate.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54
            Okay what other route is there into Brookings???

We are leaving tomorrow morning...........we think we could have easily got into Fargo today but according to the weather on TV  no travel was advised after the North Dakota Border.......
            By morning I would guess that I29 will be open. It most likely would still be your best road into Brookings. See you tomorrow. Take St. Cristopher with you.

Comment

Wonder who will get here first the Williams' or NJIT tomorrow...

Comment

;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                  Wonder who will get here first the Williams' or NJIT tomorrow...
                  I will put money down on the Williams'

Go State!!!

Drive Safe!!!
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Looks like I-94 is closed yuck. And no travel is advised in Eastern North Dakota. Not sure if I-29 is closed past the ND border or not but there might not be a game tomorrow. http://safetravelusa.com/nddot/ Good luck to the Williams in traveling down to Brookings.

Comment

Williams Clan,

A couple of resources for travel in our area:
                      1. Here is a link to a road conditions website: I use if for business travel all the time and it is usually right on. http://safetravelusa.com/sd/
                      2. Another resource is dial 511 from your cell. This works for ND and SD amongst other states.

You pretty much have two choices for getting down to Brookings on (normally) good roads:

1. Assuming you are still in wonderful Rugby, ND: Highway 281 which you can get to from Rugby by going east on hwy 2 then south to just west of Huron, SD then east on Highway 14. All of these roads are good.
                      2. Of course Mr. Eisenhower's interstate system.
                      “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Okay I have printed this info out...and we will be heading out of here tomorrow morning at 8.00am sharp.........

I have a map so we will check the roads out via the 511 and the website you gave me..

Hope there is a game but if not we have to get Kai home for the week anyway he is counting the hours now

Thanks

Comment

i wouldn't advise traveling on highway 14 nor the interstate seeing how they have been closed for 2 days now and the plows are no longer running and won't be until the wind stops. I had a couple friends try to make it home on highway 14 and they ended up in the ditch... and are now in huron staying in a hotel for the night... the smart thing to do is stay where you are until this storm blows itself out and come and get kai on sunday! if u do travel, be safe!
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I would say if you chose to travel take 281 to 14 but I am hearing and seeing they have pulled the plows off the road so UNLESS a miracle happens there probably will not be a game tomorrow night maybe not til sunday or monday. As they got the interstate blocked off. I wonder how IPFW is enjoying their stay in Brookings.

Comment

As of 9:00 a.m. I29 has reopened in South Dakota.

Comment

Working...
                              X