X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JackJD
    replied
    Re: Jackrabbits v Gophers Dec 12

And, here's the story from the official Gophers.com website.

We're getting the full "pesky", "surprising" and, in this article "feisty" treatment.

From the article: "In the early going, Minnesota’s trademark pressure defense was handled deftly by the Jackrabbits,..."

I encourage you to go to the article and click on the link for the post-game comments from Nagy, Tubby and some Minnesota players.

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArti...ATCLID=1351975

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

As I said...a roller coster and this was the beginning of a peak!!!

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Just off the press...story in the Star Tribune:

Ya gotta like the Trib's readers seeing the following from the article:

"The Gophers led 38-37 at halftime, and the teams were tied at 63-63 with seven minutes left in the game after Jackrabbits sophomore Kai Williams caught an inbounds pass and dunked it.
    The Jackrabbits capitalized off of Minnesota's early errors. Minnesota had seven turnovers and was outrebounded 20-17 in the first half. Jackrabbits sophomore forward Garrett Callahan had six points, including an off-balance layup, in the first eight minutes of the game and South Dakota State played an in-your-face kind of defensive style, while the Gophers forced -- and missed -- sure shots...."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/12449776.html

Leave a comment:

• SUPERBUNNY
    replied

The Jackrabbits put forth an outstanding effort tonight. The Gophers had just enough to end up on top.

There is no question that they can gain some major confidence from this game. The would have been squared if they were able to pull off the upset.

To go into a Big 10 gym, any Big 10 gym and play a team that close is a hell of an effort!

These guys are going to continue to improve! We need to give them support when they return home!

SUPERBUNNY

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

While you send Randy Shaver or whatever the crap his name was from Kare11 cc this dude on the email.

http://fromthebarn.org/

Butthead!

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

ESPN Box Score/recap

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=273460135

Leave a comment:

• Jacks#1Fan
    replied

Personally, I don't exactly buy this "there is no such thing as a good loss" thinking. Certainly every member of the team and the coaches know that had we made a play or two, we could have won the game.

But that's because we were in position to win in a game that not a single poster on this board would have bet on the Jacks. And it wasn't like Minnesota played bad. In fact, there inside game was brilliant. There pressure defense gave us fits, until we settled down and figured out how to counteract it.

But we played "lights out"!! And that's on an opponent's floor where no previous Jackrabbit team has even come close. Where NDSU bit the dust by almost 30 points. Where our lineup (a number of times had three freshmen and two sophomores on the floor) was comparatively inexperienced (compared to the Gophers three senior starters). What I saw was a lot of people contributing, from Mo to Loney, to Palarca (whom they couldn't faze down the stretch) to the absolutely amazing GC, and the role that Kai played down the stretch in picking up the scoring. No loss is good, obviously, but this game was huge in showing what the Jacks are capable of doing.

This was certainly a "better" loss than the one to ORU. I'll settle for that.

Leave a comment:

• HoboD
    replied

Anyone catch Tubbys postgame interview?

Leave a comment:

• boxerboy
    replied

Originally posted by Walrus View Post
    KSTP tv sports said the "Gophers kept it interesting" and ... "in the end the Gophers survive".

Mark Rosin on WCCO noted that it was a different game from last year when the Gophers won by about 20. He mentioned Callahan's shooting performance.

Both stations called the Jackrabbits "pesky", which kind of sounded like "weren't they cute, they thought they could play with the Gophers".

Both stations showed a couple of Gopher plays.
    When one thinks about it Gopher nation is doing everything they can to save face and future recruits. Last year our women win. This year NDSU defeats them handily. Just what would they be able to say if we would have upset them tonight. A huge sigh of relief was felt all the way to Brookings from eastern Minnesota

Leave a comment:

• Grizzled_Jack
    replied

Even at half time I thought it would be a fifteen point game. The Jacks pulled some boners at the end but never gave up. Damned impressive performance.

They're just doing the game recap on the Big 10 network now.

Leave a comment:

• astat32
    replied

To say I was impressed with how the Jacks played tonight would be an understatement.

Watching the game tonight I felt there were at least 2-3 times in the second half where it seemed the Gophers were going to pull ahead and turn it into a 15-20 point game, but the Jacks were resilient and kept fighting.

Everyone played a key role, whether it be Kai's big shots throughout, Beran's lift at the end of the 2nd half, Berte's constant rebounding, and what can be said about GC's career game, everyone on the team had a positive hand in the game.

I openly said the Jacks had no chance, and after watching this game I will not doubt this Jacks team again this season.

Great game Rabbits

Leave a comment:

• Walrus
    replied

KSTP tv sports said the "Gophers kept it interesting" and ... "in the end the Gophers survive".

Mark Rosin on WCCO noted that it was a different game from last year when the Gophers won by about 20. He mentioned Callahan's shooting performance.

Both stations called the Jackrabbits "pesky", which kind of sounded like "weren't they cute, they thought they could play with the Gophers".

Both stations showed a couple of Gopher plays.

Leave a comment:

• NorthernBison
    replied

I watched the entire game and I was very impressed. You have guys that can bang down low with anybody and shot the ball well from the outside. Handled the pressure defense reasonably well and stayed cool and under control for the most part. Definitely a force to be reckoned with.

The team should be unhappy that they didn't pull it off because they had a real shot. On the other hand, this should be a real confidence builder.

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

Originally posted by buschlight View Post
    I just think it might be hard for the team to get into the flow of the game with a different lineup all the time but what do i know i am a forum poster
    Thats one theory and I think generally thats what Nagy would like but you have to find the 5 that come out ready to play and work together that matches up the best.... Its harder then you think... I believe that the starting lineup of Palarca, Callahan, Sargent, Kai, and Beran will start most games depending on who we are playing Berte, Basset, or Cordova may get a shot. some players play better when coming off the bench some play better as starters i think nagy is trying to find the right combos which is hard to do when of the 11 players that have seen the floor 8 are underclassmen.

Leave a comment:

• Grizzled_Jack
    replied

I should know what 6'8 and 200 looks like but Berte was smaller, but hustled more than I imagined. I enjoyed watching him but he was really outsized.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X