How big is Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big is Frost Arena

There has been quite a discussion over on Bisonville about the possibility of a new arena attached to the Fargodome. Quite a few of the memebers have been discussing the maximum number of seats that the arena should hold.

I was just curious how many fans the Frost Arena could hold. I've tried to check SDSU sites but couldn't find any information on it. Any help would be great.
    "No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child"

Re: How big is Frost Arena

When we were down there on a visit they told us it held 9,000.

Comment

It holds approximately 8,000. They used to be able fit nearly 10,000, but replaced bleachers with chairback seats.
      Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

thanks guys, I know this season for the men have been a struggle so far but how has attendence been?

Comment

Idaho- 2124
          Arkansas St- 1227
          Utah St- 1942

All 3 games were on week nights. Roads were quite icey the night of the Arkansas St game.
          Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

I was just checking out your schedule, its too bad you guys don't have any bigger name school coming to Frost to excite the fans. Looks like the biggest game will probably be against us.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Herd
              I was just checking out your schedule, its too bad you guys don't have any bigger name school coming to Frost to excite the fans.  Looks like the biggest game will probably be against us.
              Duh, you are our rivals! I hope that Bison fans have the SDSU game circled on their calendars as well!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I really don't consider SDSU a rival, not to be a prick but with the quality of your team no one is really excited about SDSU. Sure after saying that we will probably lose but still. Everyone up here is gearing up for the K-State game next Sat.

Comment

I really don't consider SDSU a rival, not to be a prick but with the quality of your team no one is really excited about SDSU. Sure after saying that we will probably lose but still. Everyone up here is gearing up for the K-State game next Sat.
                  What does that even mean? So next year if we are way better than we are your rival? Is the rivalry based on how good the team is that season, and switches on and off every season? Are the rivalries determined by the RPI index every season? This season Furman can be your rival, and next season Marquette can if they have a down year? Rivalries are determined by an average competitiveness, and how the fans feel, not by how good one team is for one season.

I can't believe what the Wisconsin win did for the Bison fans attitudes. Were you guys even over .500 last season for just D-I competition? I seem to think not. That one win though, and all of a sudden Tim Miles is in the running for Minnesota's job, and the Bison are soooo far ahead of SDSU its not even funny. You guys need to come back to earth up there. You lost to one of the worst Minnesota teams in decades. K-State absolutely dismantled you last season. Maybe SDSU isn't the best team in D-I, but I think you'll have all you can handle and more with how this team is developing during the season.

Comment

Dilusional Bison fan waiting for Big 10 invite, please stand up.

The K State game is cool, but if we are not your rival, who is? If I were a gambling man, I would bet K State shows the Bison just how far our schools have to go to be even considered decent DI teams.

How excited are the folks up in Fargo for the SMSU, Mayville St, Valley City St, and Mary games (aren't Mayville and Valley City NAIA teams)? That looks more like a USD football schedule than a DI basketball schedule. ;D ;D
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan
                      [quote author=Go_Herd link=1164989162/0#7 date=1164990916]I really don't consider SDSU a rival, not to be a prick but with the quality of your team no one is really excited about SDSU.  Sure after saying that we will probably lose but still.  Everyone up here is gearing up for the K-State game next Sat.

The K State game is cool, but if we are not your rival, who is?  If I were a gambling man, I would bet K State shows the Bison just how far our schools have to go to be even considered decent DI teams.

How excited are the folks up in Fargo for the SMSU, Mayville St, Valley City St, and Mary games (aren't Mayville and Valley City NAIA teams)?  That looks more like a USD football schedule than a DI basketball schedule. ;D ;D[/quote]

Big 10 invite---I really hope no bison fans are that stupid
                      Yes K-State is great getting people interested in NDSU basketball--sure we will get creamed but who cares.

Other than SDSU in football I really don't think that we have a true rival in other sports.  Yes I will retract my statement and say that people up here do care about playing SDSU in B-ball, V-Ball and soccer.  It's just to me, however, another game. Also rivarlies to me have nothing to do with how good the other team is, I would think the same if you guys were 7-1.

Yes, I think it is pathetic that we have those lower division games on the schedule.

As far as the Wisconsin games is concered it at least hasn't gone to my head, do you know how many teams could beat them (Wisconsin) if they only shoot 24%.  Almost every one, we got lucky and played them on a terrible shooting night.

Comment

I really don't consider SDSU a rival, not to be a prick but with the quality of your team no one is really excited about SDSU.  Sure after saying that we will probably lose but still.  Everyone up here is gearing up for the K-State game next Sat.
                        I consider NDSU a rival. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think we have the better team this year. Last year we beat you with 4 football players. Our team this year is starting to play well together and is showing signs of good things to come.

Comment

[quote author=SF_Rabbit_Fan link=1164989162/0#9 date=1164993999][quote author=Go_Herd link=1164989162/0#7 date=1164990916]I really don't consider SDSU a rival, not to be a prick but with the quality of your team no one is really excited about SDSU.  Sure after saying that we will probably lose but still.  Everyone up here is gearing up for the K-State game next Sat.

The K State game is cool, but if we are not your rival, who is?  If I were a gambling man, I would bet K State shows the Bison just how far our schools have to go to be even considered decent DI teams.

How excited are the folks up in Fargo for the SMSU, Mayville St, Valley City St, and Mary games (aren't Mayville and Valley City NAIA teams)?  That looks more like a USD football schedule than a DI basketball schedule. ;D ;D[/quote]

Big 10 invite---I really hope no bison fans are that stupid
                          Yes K-State is great getting people interested in NDSU basketball--sure we will get creamed but who cares.

Other than SDSU in football I really don't think that we have a true rival in other sports.  Yes I will retract my statement and say that people up here do care about playing SDSU in B-ball, V-Ball and soccer.  It's just to me, however, another game.  Also rivarlies to me have nothing to do with how good the other team is, I would think the same if you guys were 7-1.

Yes, I think it is pathetic that we have those lower division games on the schedule.

As far as the Wisconsin games is concered it at least hasn't gone to my head, do you know how many teams could beat them (Wisconsin) if they only shoot 24%.  Almost every one, we got lucky and played them on a terrible shooting night.

[/quote]

One way you can tell if its a rivalry is by looking at the attendance. From last year:

M basketball: NDSU high was 4345 against SDSU
                          SDSU high was 4040 against NDSU
                          W Basketball: NDSU high was 3036 against SDSU
                          SDSU high was 4596 against NDSU

Looks like rivalry too me. Granted your high for this year will be K-state game but attendance always goes up for SDSU and NDSU games. And the only reason that the k-state game will draw well is because Bob Huggins and his AA pals are coming.

Comment

What I'm starting to wonder is . . . why are people so all-consumingly, wrapped-around-the-axle obsessed with 'rivalry?'
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                              What I'm starting to wonder is . . . why are people so all-consumingly, wrapped-around-the-axle obsessed with 'rivalry?'
                              I'm assuming that was a rhetorical question.......

Comment

Working...
                              X