Rules for Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules for Rumors

If you feel the urge to spread rumors about players (in any sport) leaving SDSU, CITING YOUR SOURCE IS NOW REQUIRED.

Acceptable sources are: Printed or broadcast news media (or web sites of printed or broadcast news media), coaches, and players on the team, or other person, BY NAME. No other sources will be acceptable on this board. Some unnamed person you talked to in the Union, in HPER, or anywhere else is not an acceptable source. Other Internet boards and blogs are not acceptable sources.

Failure to cite your source will result in the post and/or the thread being pulled and, quite possibly, depending on how the Moderator's day is going, the rumor-monger getting banned permanently from this board.

Note also that spreading the rumor in the form of a question (i.e. ""Did anybody hear the rumor that Joe Player is leaving the team?" or "What happens if Joe Player leaves the team?&quot falls under this rule. Any other methods of rumor-mongering which in the opinion of the Moderators is not properly sourced falls under this rule.

This board is intended to SUPPORT SDSU athletics. Unsourced rumors about SDSU student-athletes are destructive to the morale of the team and the entire SDSU community, and as such do not support SDSU athletics.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Rules for Rumors

So far, I'm being nice to people.

I can't guarantee how long that will continue.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think its time to watch some Roadhouse Filbert.

Be Nice! Until its time to not be nice!

"The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

I misunderstood what this message board was for.  I thought it was to discuss SDSU athletics.  It is instead to be used to support SDSU atheltics.

Mistake on my part.  My future posts will only be postive and not rumor filled.  I will keep negative comments to myself, like Grandma taught me.  Sorry everybody.  

Thanks for setting me straight Filbert.

I assume we can still post rumors about scheduling, etc, just not about individuals in a negative manner.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I think the chick just stood up on the table and started to dance around and take her clothes off!!!!!!!
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Filbert is correct. There really is no reason to be discussing it as this time. It can only be destructive not constructive. We can have our debate if he leaves.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
              Filbert is correct.  There really is no reason to be discussing it as this time.  It can only be destructive not constructive.  We can have our debate if he leaves.
              *From the Moderator

That is the point that we have been trying to make.

Comment

I think the plan is that Coach will meet with the players in the next couple of weeks and final decisions will be made and announced then.

Comment

Filbert,

On target as usual!

Thanks,

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

When I was a kid my dad had some rules for Rumours.

They were...

Only hold it by your palms and don't touch either side with your fingers.

Lay it gently on the turn table.

Don't drop the needle you'll scratch the record.

Oh sorry, I just read the name of the thread again... He didn't have any rules for rumors.
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Good move, filbert.

We're talking about young, amateur athletes who have a lot flying at them. They don't need anonymous sniping on a message board or the potential for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X