Clear All

• Scott Nagy Show and SDSU vs. UW-GB Highlights

Preview of the first episode of The Scott Nagy Show here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjZZYAzYfAg

Highlights from the 88-81 loss to UW-Green bay here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj95Y6gJ8P8
    Holy nutmeg!

Re: Scott Nagy Show and SDSU vs. UW-GB Highlights

So JJ, what is the schedule for the Nagy show. Will it be a weekly show and will it be posted on GoJacks on Tuesdays all the time or will it vary. Also when is AJ going to have his show posted. Thanks for the update.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
      So JJ, what is the schedule for the Nagy show. Will it be a weekly show and will it be posted on GoJacks on Tuesdays all the time or will it vary. Also when is AJ going to have his show posted. Thanks for the update.
      We'll shoot the Nagy show on Monday mornings and it'll be online on by Tuesday night, if not sooner (it'll also air on the SDSU channel in Brookings and we're working on the Mediacom channel regionally.) The AJ show will shoot Wednesdays at 1 p.m. and will be online Wednesday nights (if possible... that's a quick turnaround).

We moved the production to the Pugsley Hall Studio (from the Media Production Suite in Yeager Hall) because we walk out with a nearly finished show, very little post-production needed. When we shot in Yeager Hall, there were hours of editing and rendering that had to happen before we could post it. The Yeager facility is great, but is really intended for interviews (like the ones we did for the Festival of Champions, if you saw those) and not for full-fledged television production.

You'll see a lot more stuff coming out of athletics this coming calendar year. We will have more staff in Journalism and Mass Communication focused on these projects and more students who can assist with things like editing highlights, crewing coach's shows, etc.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        We'll shoot the Nagy show on Monday mornings and it'll be online on by Tuesday night, if not sooner (it'll also air on the SDSU channel in Brookings and we're working on the Mediacom channel regionally.) The AJ show will shoot Wednesdays at 1 p.m. and will be online Wednesday nights (if possible... that's a quick turnaround).

We moved the production to the Pugsley Hall Studio (from the Media Production Suite in Yeager Hall) because we walk out with a nearly finished show, very little post-production needed. When we shot in Yeager Hall, there were hours of editing and rendering that had to happen before we could post it. The Yeager facility is great, but is really intended for interviews (like the ones we did for the Festival of Champions, if you saw those) and not for full-fledged television production.

You'll see a lot more stuff coming out of athletics this coming calendar year. We will have more staff in Journalism and Mass Communication focused on these projects and more students who can assist with things like editing highlights, crewing coach's shows, etc.
        Sounds great, thanks for your efforts JimmyJack!

Comment

Watched the Nagy Show preview...good job JimmyJack and everyone involved!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

I like the Pugsley Studio. I participated in an episode of "On Call" with Dr. Holm and I thought the studio was excellent. Thanks for the info about the coaches shows and the links to Youtube.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              I like the Pugsley Studio.
              It's a great space, but it desperately needs updating. The staff there, led by Lowell Haag, does a terrific job with what they have. The university needs to recognize the value that space and its staff represents and invest some money to update the facility. For example, we no longer have a satellite uplink on campus. We're working on it.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Well I must say Rich and I are thrilled that youare doing this...makes us feel like we can see whats going on...being so far away, Rich wanted to know is there any highlights from the Moscow Idaho game.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post
                  Well I must say Rich and I are thrilled that youare doing this...makes us feel like we can see whats going on...being so far away, Rich wanted to know is there any highlights from the Moscow Idaho game.
                  I think we're going to start getting the video from the away games, but it'll just be the high center camera that the Jacks bring with them. I'll have to see how those will work for highlights.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

ok thanks I'll tell Father Williams

Comment

Working...
                    X