• Show
Clear All

• New Basketball Uniform Style from Nike

I'm guessing SDSU will probably have a new uniform style next season:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Nike unveils fitted uniforms
    Florida, OSU, Arizona, 'Cuse will wear them this week
    Posted: Tuesday March 6, 2007 8:48PM; Updated: Tuesday March 6, 2007 8:48PM

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Players from four elite basketball universities will be hitting the court this week with distinctly different Nike uniforms that showcase player's upper bodies but show a little less leg.

Nike unveiled the new line of basketball uniforms Tuesday. They are being introduced for the University of Florida, Ohio State University, University of Arizona and Syracuse University. The shoe and apparel giant plans to start introducing personalized uniforms to all its NCAA-Nike partner schools beginning next fall.

The new look is decidedly different. The jerseys are tighter and the shorts are longer and baggier. And players have an option of "personalizing" their look with aerodynamic underlayer tops and leggings.

Nike says the look creates a "dramatic new silhouette" and responds to player requests.
    (read more)

Re: New Basketball Uniform Style from Nike

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'd like to see Engen in one of them!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

The Ohio State dude looks like he's wearing a skirt.

I like the top, shorts not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks02
        The Ohio State dude looks like he's wearing a skirt.  

I like the top, shorts not so much.
        I have to agree, there comes a point when the shorts are too baggy and I think those crossed the line.

Comment

I think they look cool but I wouldn't wear it, when I played I liked the baggy top....

Comment

I'm sure Nike will sell a ton of those, but not to me or my kids until they make enough money to buy it on their own.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Here is a cool website for commentary on uniforms and other trends in player apparel. The guy writes a column for ESPN.com Page 2 on occasion also. About every kind of uni information you could possibly want.

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/

As a side note, uniwatch was extremely critical of the last rollout of new nike uniforms about a year ago.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
              X