X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transfers coming here

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
    I can't put White ahead of Lingefelter.
    Its a tough call. I wasn't around to watch Lingenfelter. Without Chris White we had no shot a the post-season success that occurred with him. Both were great additions to the program and I would happily take any player with near their talent right now.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I was trying to recall, but wasn't Cerci Mahone a transfer?

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
        [quote author=1stRowFANatic link=1173050994/0#14 date=1173287185]I can't put White ahead of Lingefelter.
        Its a tough call.  I wasn't around to watch Lingenfelter.  Without Chris White we had no shot a the post-season success that occurred with him.  Both were great additions to the program and I would happily take any player with near their talent right now. [/quote]

Both were great players and I'm glad I had the opportunity  to watch both play.  I would give the nod to Lingenfelter.  It's more difficult to find a dominant big man than it is a guard.  

Comment

I believe the other guard with Walker, Lingenfelter, Winzenburg, McDonald was Kevin McNamara. Man that team could explode for bursts of points. They would play even with the other team and then get 10-0 run in about a minute to minute and half; play it even for a while and then BAM! another big outburst.

Edit: Checked the media guide and it was Kevin McNamara. He still has record for steals in a game, 8.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

CerCi Mahone transferred in from Southern in Springfield I believe when they still had a college there. He was no slouch either. Steve Lingenfelter and Chris White played different positions so it is hard to compare. I saw Steve Lingenfelter at 6' 11" put the ball on the floor and do anything he wanted. He was absolutely a Division 1 player. If he hadn't been playing behind Kevin McHale at Minnesota he probably would have stayed there. Jim Walker transferred from somewhere in Arkansas I believe. Chris White told me that he thought that the Mahone that played footbal at Brandon Valley this year is CerCi's son.

Comment

I believe the Mahone kid from BV is Cerci's nephew. Jim Walker is from Sumner, Iowa. He transferred from a community college in Iowa.

Comment

Cerci was a great player who grew up, I think, in Wisconsin. He transferred to SDSU from what was Southern State in Springfield (and then became USD-Springfield and then became a state prison.) Cerci works at a bank in Sioux Falls these days. The Mahone who plays for Brandon is not his son but could be a relative.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Sorry, this is a little off topic, but has anyone heard what transfers are coming this next year or which players are the coaches looking at? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by senator07
                    Sorry, this is a little off topic, but has anyone heard what transfers are coming this next year or which players are the coaches looking at?  thanks

These three will help:

http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1131660049

http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1169601829

http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1160372003

Go State!  

Comment

Working...
                    X