Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kai Williams-All-Newcomer, 2nd Team All-Indy

Posted on gojacks.com:
    BROOKINGS, S.D. – South Dakota State men’s basketball player Kai Williams earned Division I All-Independent second team honors and All-Newcomer team honors for his efforts during the 2006-07 season.

A starter in 29 of the Jackrabbits 30 games and the only freshman on the first, second or newcomer team, the 6-5, 205lb true freshman forward from Regina, Saskatchewan earned the honors after averaging team highs with 12.1 points, 6.5 rebounds per game and a 50 percent shooting average (130-of-258) from the field, including 33 percent (25-of-76) from three-point range.

Williams led the Jackrabbits in scoring in eight games, rebounds in 14 games and tallied three double-doubles. He also led the Jacks with 12 blocks.

Improving as the season progressed, Williams averaged 14.9 points per game over the last 15 games of the season and scored 20 or more points three times, including a career-high 24 points on 1/27/07 versus Texas Pan-American.

ALL-INDEPENDENT FIRST TEAM
    Brian Burrell – Jr. Guard, Texas-Pan American (5.6 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 1.4 apg, 88% FT)
    Andre Smith* – Sr. Forward, North Dakota State (17.0 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 1.4 bpg, 54% FG)
    Ryan Toolson – So. Guard, Utah Valley State (5.5 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.8 apg, 97% FT)
    Brett Winkelman – So. Forward, North Dakota State (16.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 2.2 apg, 52% FG)
    Ben Woodside* – So. Guard, North Dakota (16.4 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 5.1 apg, 48% FG)

ALL-INDEPENDENT SECOND TEAM
    David Heck* – Sr. Forward, Utah Valley State (12.8 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 2.8 apg, 43% FG)
    Colin Lien – Sr. Center, Texas-Pan American (12.0 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1.2 apg, 60% FG)
    Mike Nelson – So. Guard North Dakota State (15.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.9 apg, 53% FG)
    Maurice Sumter* – Sr. Guard/Forward Longwood (16.7 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 2.6 apg, 1.5 bpg)
    Kai Williams – Fr. Forward South Dakota State (12.1 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.1 apg, 50% FG)

*indicates repeat selections to the all-independent team
    A well deserved honor for Kai, I'd say . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Kai Williams-All-Newcomer, 2nd Team All-Indy

It has been fun to see Kai progress as the year went on and it is going to be a fun ride to watch him improve in the subsequent years. Plus, he's a great kid!

Congrats Kai and well deserved!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Congrats to Kai. This is a well deserved honor.

Comment

Great news...I'm happy for Kai and also for his family. Nice "payback" for all those miles on the road bballfan54!!!!

Next year will be a vastly better year! Congratulations Kai, and thanks for all you have already accomplished for the Jacks!

Comment

Yes I guess maybe it was even worth going in the ditch for LOL

Comment

I see Davidson has a freshman from Canada playing for them, Archembeau. Did Kai play against him in high school?

Comment

What is his full name ? It sounds like he may be a French Canadian so he may be from the Eastern Side of Canada. Where is Davidson ?

Comment

Working...
              X