First year a slam dunk (Kai article)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First year a slam dunk (Kai article)

Forwarded by an anonymous proud parent, an article from the Regina Leader-Post:
    "It was definitely beyond what I was thinking,'' Williams, 19, says in the living room of his family's south Regina home. "It was different than I thought it would be. I thought I wasn't going to get as much playing time.

"Individually, it was a great year for me. I'm happy with myself. But I'd trade it if the team could have done better, that's for sure.''
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: First year a slam dunk (Kai article)

;D ;D ;D

Comment

I especially like these few paragraph's

Given the closeness of his family and Jamal's presence with the Cougars, some members of the local basketball community speculated that Kai would eventually return from South Dakota and play for the U of R. Kai does not sound inclined to change schools, especially after an impressive rookie year.

"More and more Canadian players go down to the States every year,'' Kai says. "Some come back and some don't. A lot more have stayed.

"I like the situation I'm in right now. People say we didn't win many games and look at the negatives, but there are a lot more positives than negatives. I really like my situation and I plan on being there for four years.''

Comment

It's great to hear that he is fired up for next year. Their team is going to be a lot better and I think they may suprise some people!

Having a conference schedule is going to be a huge help for the players competitively and academically.

Keep Kai working hard this summer and put a few more pounds on him because he is going to be a force next year!

All the best to you over the summer!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Well he's eating his way to 20 more lbs for sure.....thinking of chopping the table legs off soon

Comment

Just make sure he's hitting the weight room... from what I hear, some of his teammates have put on 20 pounds since the end of the season.
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Read the article 4 times a week with his brother

Comment

A great article...thanks for providing the link so I could read it all. You should be proud parents...I know the fans are proud to be able to have Kai on the team. This summer will fly by and all of a sudden, Midnight Madness will be rolling around again! Good luck to Kai on his tryouts.

Comment

Well, if he gets TOO bulked up, Stig might want him for football! Of course, Nagy kind of owes him. ;D
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                  X