Men picked last in Summit League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men picked last in Summit League

From a release this morning. SDSU was picked last, 101 points. IUPUI was first, 396 points.

Here's the whole list:
    IUPUI (12), 396
    ORU (10), 393
    Oakland (4), 359
    NDSU (4), 351
    SUU, 217
    UMKC, 205
    IPFW, 162
    WIU, 137
    Centenary, 129
    SDSU, 101

OK, so the SIDs, coaches, and journalists have no idea about the changes on the team, and we need to prove ourselves.

One person who probably should have gotten some notice, though, Kai Williams, was not included on the preseason all-conference team. Woodside (first team) and Winkelman (second team) from NDSU were included (and deserved it.) In fairness, there were no sophomores on the team.

I'd say we're going to surprise some people with how competitive we'll be (as Coach Nagy just said at media day). And Kai Williams will really surprise some of those people out there as well.
    Holy nutmeg!

Re: Men picked last in Summit League

I really don't think we're going to finish last. I see us with about a .500 record this year - much improved from last year. Our nonconference schedule is not as tough as previous years and let's face it - many of the teams in the Summit just aren't that good. I do think NDSU will finish somewhere near the top.

Comment

Did anyone expect anything different? We haven't proven anything at the DI level yet. I look forward to proving some people wrong but I don't expect it.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

After the last few seasons, there is no question we should be picked to finish last.

As I wrote in another thread, being tabbed the worst coming in will only serve as more motivation to these guys to go out and fight hard and prove everyone wrong.

Jimmyjack is right that none of the SID's have any idea of the changes coming but that doesn't matter. You have to go out and earn some respect.

My gut feeling is that these guys are going to go out every night and bring some intensity that we haven't seen for a while. That will result in a team that stays in and wins a lot more games. The addition of the new and old faces and their hard work in the offseason will also add some more to that total.

It's going to be fun again!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Did anyone expect anything different? We haven't proven anything at the DI level yet. I look forward to proving some people wrong but I don't expect it.
          No I did not expect any different and as you said we have not proven anything at the D1 level. A upset of Wisconsin would have helped as it apparently did for NDSU. Lets keep our chins up. I love surprises.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            No, I didn't expect different. Mainly I posted it for information and to note that Kai Williams was left out of the preseason all conference teams.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
            X