Yackley Leaves Jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yackley Leaves Jacks

It appears that Blake Yackley has quit the basketball team. Not very good at putting links in here but the following is a cut and paste from My Daily News on Dakota Radio website.

BROOKINGS, S.D. - Forward Blake Yackley has left the South Dakota State men’s basketball team. The redshirt sophomore from Onida appeared in 29 games last season, starting six, and averaged 3.7 points, 2.9 rebounds and 15.0 minutes of playing time. Yackley, who remains a student enrolled at SDSU was not a scholarship player for the Jackrabbits. Head coach Scott Nagy also said that 6-foot-6 sophomore forward Brandon DeBoer from Huron is officially a part of the team after transferring from Jamestown (N.D.) College during the second semester last year.

Re: Yackley Leaves Jacks

There is also a message about this in the sports briefs sections of the argus today. It has got some quotes in there from Nagy.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/50411008

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
      It appears that Blake Yackley has quit the basketball team. Not very good at putting links in here but the following is a cut and paste from My Daily News on Dakota Radio website.

BROOKINGS, S.D. - Forward Blake Yackley has left the South Dakota State men’s basketball team. The redshirt sophomore from Onida appeared in 29 games last season, starting six, and averaged 3.7 points, 2.9 rebounds and 15.0 minutes of playing time. Yackley, who remains a student enrolled at SDSU was not a scholarship player for the Jackrabbits. Head coach Scott Nagy also said that 6-foot-6 sophomore forward Brandon DeBoer from Huron is officially a part of the team after transferring from Jamestown (N.D.) College during the second semester last year.
      Best of luck to Blake. Balancing sports, marriage, school, etc.. is really tough. I don't think I could have done it at age 19 or 20.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Who knows. Maybe he'll get the urge and come back out for basketball again in a year. I'd like to see that. He has skills that helped the Jacks get through some serious player shortages the past couple of years. His contributions have been appreciated.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Best of luck to Blake. Balancing sports, marriage, school, etc.. is really tough. I don't think I could have done it at age 19 or 20.
          Wow, I didn't know he was married. Best of Luck to Blake, I like his game and thought he would have had decent career at SDSU as a role player.
          We...ARE...STATE!
          SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Working...
          X