X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeke is headed home to Kansas

https://x.com/zekexmayo/status/1775296779279298714?s=20
    "I think we'll be OK"

Zeke, like Baylor, gets to play and be a star for his hometown team. Best of luck, and thanks for the 3 awesome years! Once a rabbit, always a rabbit!

Comment

Happy he gets to play around his family more for his final season. Not sure how often they were able to watch him play - especially any extended family and friends.

Still annoyed at schools taking developed players they initially had no interest in... but when a player goes home to play for their team they've always loved, it's certainly hard to be upset with them. That's truly the dream of every kid out there... How many games do you think he listened to, watched, or even attended where he was picturing himself out on that court? Gotta be a surreal experience to be coming true next fall.

I'll be cheering for Zeke next year, and wish him nothing but the best.

Comment

My son in law, a Kansas alumnus and big time Jayhawks fan, showed me the post with a big smile on his face and glee in his voice. He seems to think Zeke is a very positive acquisition for his team.
        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Time to dust off the old "you can go anywhere from here" slogan and let the athletic department put it back into use.

Comment

I hate, I hate, I hate the currents state of college athletics with NIL and unlimited transfers through the portal. That said, I sure have nothing against the kids cashing in on financial opportunities and the opportunity to compete at higher levels. Those issues are going to make life in the mid-majors really a challenge.

I wish Zeke all the best and hope he got a big bag full of cash! I'm sure it was a dream for him to play for his hometown Jayhawks. How cool is that?

Thanks to Zeke for his time as a Jackrabbit! Go live your dream!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Zeke gets to go home to play at the school he watched as a kid, and gets a good money to do it. Well earned and well played.
              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                My son in law, a Kansas alumnus and big time Jayhawks fan, showed me the post with a big smile on his face and glee in his voice. He seems to think Zeke is a very positive acquisition for his team.
                The overall reactions I've come across down here in KC are pretty positive about it.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think if the portal was limited I would have less issue with NIL. I don't blame a kid for cashing in for doing what they've worked their ass off for. I do have an issue jumping from school to school with no repercussions.
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

The main reason the team was decent this year and scored a couple summit titles. Good player to watch and I also hope he does well even if it’s a faint hope.

Comment

ESPN put out a list of the top players in the portal. Summit League players listed were : Zeke - 13th ; Fidler - 34th ; Omot - 51st and Kyle - 90th.

Comment

I'm glad the kid is getting paid to play basketball. Weather we like it or not its life changing money at age 20-22 (or any time of your life). I heard he is getting $500,000 - $700,000. Do you think they have him sitting down with a trusted financial guy and try to talk sense into what you should do with the money? I sure hope so, you can easily burn this money up at this age and have nothing down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post
                          The main reason the team was decent this year and scored a couple summit titles. Good player to watch and I also hope he does well even if it’s a faint hope.
                          I will miss Zeke and I wish he stayed at SDSU but I think this comment is a little over board.

This season, Easley and Kyle were arguably as good as Zeke. Easley's assist, steal and blocks (compared to TO's) were much better and his shooting % was about the same. The same can be said about Kyle for the assist, steals and blocks compared to TO's. Kyle's FT% was much worse than Zeke's but his FG% was much better so they evened out. You could say the both Kyle and Easley were better on the defensive end, too.

For the second Summit title, SDSU had Douglas W. and Baylor S They were probably better and Detlinger and Easley were about the same.

Zeke is awesome and I wish he would have stayed at SDSU (or would want to come back) but to say he was "the main reason" doesn't give the other good players that were at SDSU enough credit. SDSU needs a few/several good players to compete because they don't have players that can carry the team without some help.

Comment

Working...
                          X